cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

BT Makes 2021 Europa and Champions League Finals Free

I know BT have offered this previous in the past on their dedicated YouTube BT Sports channel but the playback quality was a maximum 4K at either 25fps or 30fps which spoilt the games for me even though they was free without a BT Sports subscription.

This year the two finals will be streamed at a maximum rate 4K 60fps (broadband speed permitted) and should make the games far more watchable on their BT Sports YouTube channel.

i don't support any particular Football Team, but i am looking forward to both finals (especially the Champions League final).

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/bt-sport-uefa-europa-champions-league-finals-free/ 

4 Replies
Saint1976
Elite 2

Re: BT Makes 2021 Europa and Champions League Finals Free

@schnapps and if it's like previous years, the cynic in me says the channel will crash! 

I didn't have a BT sub back when it was Liverpool v Spurs so put on the YouTube stream and it was unwatchable!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

I watched the Liverpool v Spurs game also on YouTube and the live YouTube stream didn't crash for me or buffer on my 38 Mbps down speed from my ISP (perhaps i was lucky).

The only disappointed was the YouTube stream was either 25 or 30fps on the 4K feed and it spoilt the viewing experience for me.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Currently watching the YouTube BT Sports stream and the picture from the BT Studio with the pre match build up looks great to me where i am getting BT Sports Ultimate Live.

Make sure you set your device to 60hz to match the 60fps for the match on YouTube.

Not getting HDR at the moment, hopefully HDR will trigger in once the game starts.

The BT Sports App on my Amazon 4K Fire TV Stick and NOW 4K box seems to be working without a BT Subscription, but i can only get BT Sports HD1 (no BT Sports Ultimate).

Will Stick with BT Sports Ultimate on the BT Sports YouTube channel and see how stable it is during the Man Utd game.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

60fps playback on the BT Sports YouTube channel looked great to me.

Had to add a little amount of motion processing on my television to smooth things out a little which I don't normally do.

Really happy with the streaming picture quality from the BT Sports YouTube channel.

Couldn't get HDR on any of my 4K devices either on Ethernet or over WiFi on a 36Mbps Internet down speed. 

No buffering or crashing on the YouTube stream either.

Just hope it's the same for the Champions League final on Saturday. 

0 Thanks