cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andreaqotw
Advocate

Android App wont sign me in

Hello all. I'm struggling to find help so wondered if anyone here has any suggestions. I have a Now sports membership which i didn't use for a while but the formula 1 starts this weekend so I'm back. Problem is i can signin to my account on my pc but the android app on my phone and my tablet won't sign me in. They were working fine in Dec 21. I know the signin is correct because i can sign in through a browser but the player won't let me in.

Any suggestions?

7 Replies
Andreaqotw
Advocate

Btw i have tried uninstalling the player app and reinstalling. No joy. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andreaqotw 

No problem for me using my Android Tablet and phone where i had to sign in today on the tablet NOW App.

I am assuming you are not using a VPN on your mobile devices ?

Also check the correct region of the NOW App where UK customers can't sign into the Republic of Ireland App and vice versa.

If you have mobile internet data on your smartphone, see what happens if you attempt to download the NOW App and sign in just has a temporary test to see if it works or not.

Otherwise jump over to live chat to see if they can figure out what's happening.

Click on the green chat online button from this link below to get in touch with NOW live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Andreaqotw
Advocate

Thanks for getting back to me. My phone was brought from new from Currys in the UK 5 years ago. I don't use a VPN.

The app was working on my phone last year.

It looks like it is failing to recognise that I have a membership, but only when I signin on the app. I can watch from a laptop without problems.

I'm on with the online Chat now. They are escaling it to 2nd line...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andreaqotw 

So reading your last post you can physically sign in on your Android mobile devices NOW App but the App doesn't seem to recognise you have a monthly Sport's Membership.

Out of curiosity if you start watching something on Sports on Demand on your PC does it also get picked up under "Continue Watching" on your two Android mobile devices ?

Also have you tried downloading the NOW App again from the Google Play Apps Store , then fully power down the Android phone & tablet then power back up and sign in with the same details you have purchased the Sports Membership on.

Andreaqotw
Advocate

It says I'm signed in, and that I don't have a Now Membership (which I do have).

but I also get a error flash up on my mobile saying some thing went wrong and to try again later.  That error only appears when I try and signin through the MyAccount link. When I try and watch something (even after signing in that way) it prompts me to sign in, says i'm signed in but then leaves me on the signin screen to sign in again.

I don't get a continue watching option, I think because I don't think it has signed me in at all.

This has been the same since the first Indycar race a few weeks ago (I only got the Sports membership to watch F1 and Indycar so I don't even try to use the app between times. Also hadn't tried using it since the last F1 race last year so I'm not sure when it started happening.). Because I could watch it on my laptop, I jsut used that instead and decided to worry about the mobile app another time. Now is the "another time" because I'm not always going to have my laptop with me. So thought I'd better get it looked at.

Thansk for helping me with this. All this experiementing should help narrow it down.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andreaqotw 

Is it the same symptoms posted on this thread linked below ?

I haven't read the thread fully to see if anybody found a workaround or solution.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Now-tv-app-on-android-signs-out-immediately/m-p/456818 

Andreaqotw
Advocate

Kinda but not quite the same. In my case it leaves me as signed in - but
with no membership. So it isn't signing me out as such, but it can't let
me watch anything because it thinks I don't have a membership. It looks
like its solution to that dilemma is to keep prompting me to sign in if
I want to watch something (although that is just a guess)

It feels like it's some kind of authentication problem. It knows I
exist, but is failing to download/authenticate the membership package
details.