cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

volume

Having just installed nowtv on my tv, i am inable to watch anything as the sound is too loud and i am unable to turn it down via the remote control or the now box or indeed via the tv.
can someone please help me
7 REPLIES 7
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Having just installed nowtv on my tv, i am inable to watch anything as the sound is too loud and i am unable to turn it down via the remote control or the now box or indeed via the tv.
can someone please help me

Hi @Anonymous User

not being able to control volume through the now TV remote is perfectly normal now TV remote is only designed to control the nowTV box and nothing else to control the volume you would usually need to use your TV remote

but if you have a home theatre system or an AV receiver, which controls the sound you may need to use the handset for that in order to control the volume. If the TVs been set up correctly to account for the fact that the sound is controlled by a speaker system, then the TVs own volume controls may have been disabled

I myself have a Yamaha AV receiver and I have to use the remote for the AV receiver to control the volume.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My problem is, that as i change from freeview or sky to my black box, the volume is so very loud it hurts my ears. I have adjusted the black box volume from low to medium to high, but it remains high, so when changing to my sky box or freeview i have to imediately turn the volume up considerably.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

My problem is, that as i change from freeview or sky to my black box, the volume is so very loud it hurts my ears. I have adjusted the black box volume from low to medium to high, but it remains high, so when changing to my sky box or freeview i have to imediately turn the volume up considerably.

Hi @Anonymous User 

Which now TV box do you have?

Is it the original black box or the smart box? The only volume you're actually able to alter using the settings on either of these is the volume of feedback tones when you press keys on the remote. You can't actually alter the standard volume you have to use either your TV remote or your AV receiver remote. If you use an AV receiver to handle audio.

It's always been the case that different devices have different audio levels, but it's probably fair to say that an awful lot of devices don't handle audio very well, which is why audio is often quiet and the volume therefore has to be turned up It, which means when you change to a device that can handle audio properly . It's very loud. I know turning the volume up and down time is a pain but there's probably not much that can be done about it. Unfortunately Smiley Sad

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can i not adjust the volume on my nowtv black box, its far to load, and is deafening when changing over from Sky or Freeview.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same problem. The smart TV box is plugged straight into the TV, there is no other amp. I turn the TV volume down or even to mute and the volume stays the same when using the Nowtv box and it's too loud.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Eh @Anonymous User?

Are you saying that your televisions remote control is not able to adjust the audio output level, when you're viewing NOW TV content?

What's the make and model number of your TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar issue with with the Now TV smart box, the issue is when using headphones the sound is not controlled by the TV but from the HDMI input, in this case the NowTV box. the sound is too loud to enjoy anything.