cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

system update

There has been a system update since we last logged on (yesterday). We have now lost our favourites and are expected to pay or start a trial for anything other than iPlayer, ITV hub. 4OD and My5. Live Chat has not been available at all today. Any ideas what we can do to rectify this please?

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

What is it that you are being expected to pay for that you don’t think you should, and why don’t you think you should pay for it?

(e.g. because yesterday you had Passes, but today they have vanished?)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My subscription is only half way through, with at least 5 months to go. It appears that the system update has caused the error.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for making that clear.

In which case, you need to get in touch with Live Chat, and ask what is going on, and how to get the rest of your subscription back.

Work through this, in order to contact them from the most appropriate option:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Roy. I spent some time on the website this morning waiting for live

chat to appear. I'll persevere!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using a NowTV box or stick have you tried some of the basics to try and retrieve your account information and passes on your NowTV box or stick ?

Things like, go into the NowTV App on the device and go to the My Account section and sign out.

Then sign back into the stick or box using your email address or username (not forum name) and password when double checking your NowTV passes shown here under My Account > Passes & Vouchers section on the NowTV website.

Also maybe try a reboot of your playback device and Router by switching the power off at the mains outlet for 30 seconds.

If that doesn't work i would be inclined myself to try a full factory reset on your stick or box by going into Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

Might be worth a go whilst waiting for live chat.