cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

strike back

hi

anybody know why Strike Back seemed to stop halfway through the new season?

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User possibly the annoying habit Americans have of mid season breaks.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah it's currently in a midseason break, although you can't blame the Americans as they don't get the series until next year. The show starts up again with episode 6 on 31st Jan.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User Yeah it's currently in a midseason break, although you can't blame the Americans as they don't get the series until next year. The show starts up again with episode 6 on 31st Jan.

@Andy @Anonymous User strike back is actually a British show, which means the Americans would probably never get it before we do. I believe strike back is a sky original production . Although sky is in partnership with another studio to make it that I can't remember which studio that is

It's not uncommon the shows to take a break over the Christmas period is Christmas often wreaks havoc with TV schedules, but this break is unusually long

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 British/American show, they're in partnership with Cinemax (had to look it up!). Looks like US got S2/3/4 before we did, but UK have had S4/5 first, so that looks  like a bit of fair transatlantic negotiating going on there! 😄

PS I quite like midseason breaks if I'm honest, I'm always well behind on everything by then so it gives me chance to get caught up! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks  - think what confused me was i not expecting the usual mid - season break with a Sky  co-production but makes sense now

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User yeah, it is unusual for show that has major production links with the UK, even if it is a joint production with another territory to have a mid-season break because mid-season breaks are not something we really do over here Christmas breaks yes, but not mid-season breaks.

@Anonymous User wrote:

thanks  - think what confused me was i not expecting the usual mid - season break with a Sky  co-production but makes sense now

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you just imagine if UK shows gave us mid-season breaks....... a good UK show might give us six episodes, so giving us a break in the middle would be rather unwanted.

A mid-season break in a good US show that does the best part of 20+ episodes can always be welcome!!!