cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

pre-show adverts -> cancellation

I used to think NowTV was a pretty good service, until they started putting outstandingly irritating adverts onto the start of more and more programs I wanted to watch. These are the adverts for other (######) programmes that you can't skip or fast-forward on the Roku box. (I don't know if it's just Roku - you don't get them when viewing from the web.)

The current adverts are particularly loud, offensive, and repetative (especially when looking through several episodes to find the one you want), but forced adverts are never acceptable, least of all on a paid service.

I swore at my TV for the last time today. I have cancelled my NowTV subscription on account of this. Is there anyone else here who feels strongly about this? (I know it's not just me, but maybe people on this forum are more tolerant of NowTV's dirty tricks.) Is there some additional way of expressing our dislike of this feature to NowTV? If they removed the adverts, I'd gladly sign up again, so I'd be especially glad to hear about any plans to do that.

Thanks,

Tim.

44 REPLIES 44
mp9828
Advocate

ANY adverts absolutely unacceptable on paid for service.
Not going to waste time complaining or getting an explanation. Just vote with your feet and they will get the message.
Membership cancelled.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've only just noticed it now, having just upgraded to a PS4 from my older console that I used it on. If this is how it is, I'm gonna cancel my subscription. I'm cool with banner ads and recommended stuff as I browse to the content I want, it's sometimes how I find new shows I really get into! A bunch of ads when I actually want the content I#m paying for? Nah, ###### off Now TV, we expect a bit better.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has NOW TV upped the frequency of the promos, I was getting them on around 1 in 3 shows when watching currently airing stuff, and pretty infrequently when watching older shows on the box sets. Now I'm getting a promo on every single show, plus some of them are more intrusive than usual. For some reason the Grey's Anatomy promo has it's volume set way higher than other content, so it's deafening whenever it plays - and it seems to play a lot, I've seen it a couple of dozen times.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sorry but most ppl pay for a premium service to avoid adverts. There is already a recommended are so just put shows in there.

I will also be cancelling my sub if these adverts don't stop.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have they made any progress on allowing you to stop or fast forwards through adverts please as I need to make a decision on cancelling my membership 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I never had a single advert after nearly 3 years of membership but last week things changed.....

Now i get one before EVERY SINGLE show.

Now when i want to explore ‘new shows’ i get an irritating advert which blocks me exploring new content....

You have actually made your own APP unusable.

So now tv DO NOT want me to explore new shows.

I pay to avoid adverts. Not watch.

Membership cancelled at end of period. NowTV does not want me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm going to cancel when my contract is up in a couple of months too unless these adverts stop. I don't watch any broadcast tv as i hate adverts that much.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is unacceptable. Cancelling

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stop these ###### ads before you watch a show. 

You our press play, the stupid ###### ad with jim Carey comes on, the video doesn’t load so you decide to reload it...... you have to then see the same ###### ad again, with jim ###### stupid carreys face. I’ve had enough. When I have finished with game of thrones I am quitting now tv, you are a bunch of ######. We pay you to not see adverts. Why the ###### are you showing us adverts you stupid ###### ######

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As much of this thread has what I would call a legitimate complaint I have never so far experienced this problem (you know what will happen now) 

I have only been a Now Tv customer since January and having looked through a lot of posts on this forum that cover various issues/problems I tend to look at this company as a bit of a Joke.

There never seems to be any interaction from a member of staff on any of the threads (or they are well hidden) and considering Sky are the parent company they are doing nothing to address the many issues people are posting about.

Many people complain there is no dedicated contact number or that there BB install has been cancelled multiple times or poor picture quality.

Come on Sky pull your thumb out your A### and address your customer complaints you would be quick enough to act if everybody stopped using your service and haul A## on the 1080p upgrade as well it’s 2019 and many other providers have had Full HD for a number of years all you are doing is embarrassing your company by treating your paying customers like fools.