cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

entertainment pass changes

Are you joking? removing three channels and replacing with one at the same cost...I dont think so....my account will be closing when this takes effect.

Absolute scam to milk more cash from families with young children.

9 REPLIES 9
Legend 5
Legend 5

Alternatively you could do what many other do and take advantage of gifts cards eg: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3179440.htm?tag=ar:shop:nowtv:3monthentpass

Or one of the bundle offers when they are on recently Amazon had 6 months entertainment with a box (handy spare remote etc) which worked out to less than £4 a month.  That would make the kids pass effectively free.  Keep an eye out in Accounts and Offers forum section, folk post deals they have see there.  I expect somewill come up once the sales are on at the start of the summer hols.   You could always put your account on hold for a month or two until these come out.   

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree - purchased a 6 month entertainment subscription recently to be activated at the end of my current voucher - notably for the kids channels for my grandson. I will not be buying an additional kids channel pass, as i purchased the voucher in the knowledge at the time that the Kids channels would be included! Looks like I will be cancelling my account and moving back to Netflix after my subscription expires. Not happy!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with alantfc. Recently brought another box for daughters room so she could watch the kids channels only to find the channels are now to be removed. The sheer fact you think its acceptable for people to have to keep looking for a deal on argos or wherever for offers is simply very narrow minded and typical of money grabbing Sky! Its an utter disgrace.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User and @Anonymous User As a customer not staff of Now, I personally like to save money when I can on passes and if I can share that information with other customers I am pleased to do so.  If of course they choose to pay via the site and not apply vouchers or codes to save themselves money that is their right  🙂   It does mean of course you can keep kids safe from content that you don't want them watching without having to put in a pin number every time you want to watch anything.  I don't know about you but I don't think the pin on these is the best set up.  If you only watch the kids content on the boxes you are actually saving £4 a month with this pass.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Appreciate what you are saying @4268 - we all like to save money where we can, but my beef is that although I purchased the additional subscription with a new box at a good price, I cannot now get the use of the channels as advertised at the time of purchase.

Legend 5
Legend 5

I know what you are saying @Anonymous User  have you looked at the information regarding the new kids pass at all?  It has a few extra kids channels too not just the ones that are leaving.  Unfortunately Disney would have gone regardless of whether there is a kids pass due to licening.  You might want to have a word with chat once the pass launches too see if they can offer you anything regarding the kids pass given that you have paid up front in good faith.  

If you need to reach chat click the following link and then click the contact button at the bottom and finally select chat (8am to midnight) None of the above...  

I am surprised Now have waited until June to launch as I personally would have thought that the Whit Half Term would have been ideal launch time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a 'chat' earlier - a bit of a waste of time, but i'll try again at launch date.  You never know.........

I'll sit tight and see what happens at launch before making a decision to cancel or not.

cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The following is the text of a chat with a helpline agent earlier -

just had an email advising me of changes to NOW tv
Hi good evening!
hi  the email says - We’re always working to bring you great entertainment, and give you the flexibility to get the TV you want without the bits you don’t. As ever, we’ll keep on working to bring you more, more, more on NOW TV. reading the email, you are adding 1 channel but I will be losing 3 channels in the next month ...... not sure that those two statements placed side by side add up!! Overall I'll be down 2 channels but the price is the same - how is that better?
And what is the price?
staying at 6.99
That is the charge for the NOW TV Entertainment Month ass. (sic)
correct - but the email saying "As ever, we’ll keep on working to bring you more, more, more on NOW TV" is actually saying that we are reducing the number of channels you will get but keeping the price the same!!
Ah the Kids channel will no longer be there and two new channels the Nat Geo and Show time will be added.
No mention of Show time in my email! and in June Disney leaves too - minus 3 plus 1 in the email,
Those are the updates we have.
Ok - Nick and NickJr go, Disney going, Nat Geo Wild in and maybe Showtime in (but not proudly announced in the email!) - on balance, taking away channels isn't giving me more more more!!
I'll help you with the details.
but we can always pay more more more to get the new kids channel (which has the channels we used to have plus more more more!!)
The New channel is only for £2.99 per month.
ah, that's alright then - oh, hang on ........ I end up paying you more - and I don't get as much as I used to get on the entertainment pass - that's not quite fair!!
 it is business decision. Before you take the subscription there is a free trial too.
yep, shame it's never a customer decision!! It's the false statements of working hard to bring us more more more - and playing down the it'll cost you more more more too part!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 one possible disadvantage of the bundle deals, which appears to be coming to light today from the evidence I've pieced together. For the period those passes are in force, it appears Now TV don't consider you an existing customer of their service - when it comes to for example removing content to another service and determining if you're entitled to a free pass on that new service. I have an active pass, that came with a new box, and that is the only reason I can determine that I haven't been sent the 'free 4 months' version of the notification emails today. So while the bundle deal may be good value, it seems to make you a second class of customer. I hope I'm wrong and I'm misjudging massively. I don't need the trial, but other similar customers may.