cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

All media device manufactures who's products support 'apps' will have a system of reporting @Anonymous User.

Most of the bug reporting is built into the app itself and sends information directly back to the app manufacturer... When it comes to app design 'big brother' is always watching you 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have freezing of itv player for about a week talk to one on chat rest both and it is ok for now but channel five was not load up for about a few day as well hope this well help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So Nowtv say it is an ITV problem nothing to do with them yet they sell this advertising it saying I would get ITV and ITV catchup on the system. I expect they are now removing or editing all reference to ITV and any other third party supported apps from any boxes and all advertising refering to the ability to watch ITV live and catchup.

Dear Nowtv

I have to ask why am I paying for a service you want nothing to do with my problems with Nowtv it is Nowtv on the box not ITV you know. You sold this system advertising I could get this that and the other but you can't  supply it you just blame somebody else passing the buck. You have contacted ITV and made them aware of the issues haven't you ? and you have put support contact information for ITV up just in case you want users to do your job for you.

Time you pulled all your advertising and promotional material which features ITV or displayed a large banner in all adverts stating subject to third party bothering about Nowtv users or excluded ITV from all adverts you have run this by trading and advertising standards haven't you ?  Perhaps you'd prefer me to cancel all subcriptions and just throw the Nowtv box in the bin I'll be generous as it's been going on a while now I'll wait until Friday 7th July and then cancel everything and pop down the electronic recycling point with it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Everybody,

Looks like that the ITV Hub streaming service is encountering difficulties across all devices and platforms, reading this linked website below.

There are 600 plus current posts on the message board and it is not only effecting nowtv box users.

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/itv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Having problems with my PC and didn't have time to edit my above post, to amend the message.

Should have said that it looks like the ITV Hub player has been temperamental with various glitches causing certain customers issues over the last few months and not all 600 plus posts relates to the last 48 hrs.

Sorry about that.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

As well as posting on here I'd suggest getting in touch with ITV Hub direct, the more reports they get the more likely they will look into it. You can tweet them 'at'ITVHub or email itvhubhelp 'at' itv.com

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having this issue. Iv only just joined now tv last week and it's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone had any luck in sorting it? It's annoying as I didn't realise you also can't watch channel 4 live so I'm wondering if it's actually worth it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't know about everyone else but mines working ok now, I think itv threw an update out last night cos I had one in my phone and iPad so I assume the now tv box got updated the same time, mines ok now, for those who are not I suggest maybe doing switching it off and unplugging then a factory reset again and hopefully the updated itv hub app will install with updates 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last Friday was able to watch Itv GMTv ok so thought yes it's been fixed.  Didn't last long though because by the time The Chase nwas on it was back to picture freezing and no sound.  managed to get through Emmerdale without aby complete stoppages, watched previous episode of The Loch on catch up and noproblem.  No better on Saturday so had to give up on James Bond, same yesterday with The Loch.  Tried GMTv this morning but stiil freezing and sound going completely.

Any one else still having problems?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am so sick of itv freezing, emailed itv them selves, not there problem they say, so who's problem is it we're paying for something we're not getting, it's driving me mad, someone must be responsible for it