cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

anybody else getting freezing of itv

I put emmerdale and coronation street on tonight and experiancing freezin picture and the volume staying on and then the picture catching up for a few minutes and then happening again has anybody else experianced this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing the same issue, I have the white box. Screen freezes then carries on with sound for a while before appearing to fast forward and then does the same thing over and over!!! I like a few others are paying for a package we can't fully use. It's not acceptable for NowTV to just say it's a third party app and they have no control, we pay our bill every month to NowTV so it's up to you to ensure apps are working and if not to resolve the issues with ITV Hub on our behalves!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the white box, I've reinstalled the app after I've deleted it, I've updated software, still happening!!!! It seems this is happening to a few of NowTV customers and as we pay our bill every month and are NowTV customers it is the responsibility of NOwTV to fix its customer issues. It is not acceptable to say it's a third party app and you're not responsible, you should be rectifying the issues with ITVHub and letting your customers that the problem is resolved. As we pay our bill every month it would appear we aren't getting the services we are paying for!!! Please rectify the way you respond to issues on customers behalfs!!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box? A lot of the 'third-party' apps have got more complex in recent times and may have out-grown the memory recources and processing power of the older 'white' boxes!

Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased the 'newer black box' this week, plugged it in, settled down to watch coronation street and bam!!! Program froze, audio continued then stopped althogther!!! So all boxes doing the same thing!!! This is not acceptable! 

Im moving home soon and doing away with the now tv box altogether.......had enough 😡

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My wifes just been looking for corrie but it's only showing older episodes today's are not on this is the newer black box all up to date.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Looks like there is a delay at ITV's end as there are lots of programmes from today missing. Worth checking ITV Hub on other devices if you have any, or try again tomorrow on the NOW TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any danger in resolving the problem with itv still freezing, catching up with itself until eventually freezing all together!!! I've seen other topic going back some months now and yet still you haven't come to a conclusion to fix the issue! In my eyes this is a poor maintainable service. Yes I see you say you have control over third party apps but if this is the case then suspended ITV till the issue is repaired! It's more frustrating trying to what a programme that you actually can't watch than having no ITV at all. Not happy with the service of nowtv nomore as issues are arising quite often now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same problem been about 2 weeks now
Anonymous User
Not applicable
There doesn't seem to be anyone taking any notice that the customers are all having the same problems
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As mentioned before,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV, YouTube etc. Their content, their delivery systems, their UI's and their distribution platforms are entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers