cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will The Americans season 5 be on catchup?

I have seen that The Americans season 5 starts next Monday, 12th June, on ITV Encore. Will these new episodes be available weekly on catchup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Miketurn
Scholar 3

First episode of Season 5 is available on catch-up now.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I don't see any reason why the catch-up episodes would not appear 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. I asked because I have read that some ITV Encore series are not available on catchup and can only be watched live. Previous series of The Americans appear to have fallen into that category, in once case with the first half of the series available on catchup but the second half not.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As with most things, it comes down to money @Anonymous User.

Essentially it's up-to ITV and the series copyright holders to agree how much money the show is worth to each of them. Which includes how long each series or each episode can be shown.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will The Americans series 5 which airs next week on ITV encore be available for catch up on Now TV?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new post has been moved and merged into this existing topic about the same subject. Which should contain the answers you're looking for...

Cheers

Miketurn
Scholar 3

First episode of Season 5 is available on catch-up now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just read that the first episode of Season 5 is available on catch up now but I can't see it!  I guess I am literally missing something - any ideas please?  Many thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What device are you using ?

According to the nowtv app on my Windows 10 Tablet "The Americans " Season 5 ep1 to ep3 are showing.

You have 10 days left to watch episode 1 BTW.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The Americans season 5 ep1 to ep3 is also showing on my nowtv box.

You can either find it by going to channels ITV Encore or use the search engine by typing The Americans.