cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why only 30 days?

Does anyone know why some shows are only available for 30 days? I was really in to Limitless and Vinyl and went away missing 3-4 episodes thinking I could just *catch up* but now there's only the last 3 limitless available and no Vinyl at all!! So infuriating that you are expected to watch all these great shows all at the same time! The whole reason for getting Now TV was to have choice, but it's still only what has been chosen for me. I feel that I have paid for the right to watch what I want when I want... Obviously not.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Shows currently being broadcast are available on 30(ish)-day catch up.  Similar to how iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 etc work.

Older shows and previous seasons will be available as boxsets.

For an explanation of how catch up and boxsets work, see this article.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

It's down to licensing as with a lot of catch up services.  If you want to watch what u want when u want then buying the DVD is the best bet, or services like Lovefilm.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mmmm DVDs remember those?? Thanks for the reply, I really DONT want to go back to DVDs!
Do you think that they will come back like the old episodes of Game of thrones did? (When everyone's forgotten about it) Hope so!
Cheers 😉
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Shows currently being broadcast are available on 30(ish)-day catch up.  Similar to how iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 etc work.

Older shows and previous seasons will be available as boxsets.

For an explanation of how catch up and boxsets work, see this article.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a major downside of Nowtv (& streaming services a like) and a major gripe of mine. Really looking forward to the day, that I can subscribe to one service and watch anything, anytime without the worry of when its going to go 'missing' or 'disappear'.

Unfortunatly this isnt necessary Sky's fault, but the pure greed of the content right holders - which has always and will always be the case. 'Exclusivity', 'Deals' and 'For X period of time' is the aim of the movie/tv programming business.

Remember when iTunes launched in 2005; when the Record companies we're resistant at every single level. After Apple finally inking contractual deals with each Record label, they still had the hurdle of the 'consumers need to buy the album, they shouldnt be able to buy songs individually...'. The music industry has come a long, long way now with streaming... but still more to come.

I'm hoping that Apple or another massive company can do the same for the Movie & TV programming business, too many sticky deals and exclusivity.. ultimately as with music we want to be able to watch anything, anytime, as soon as its finished at the cinema or airing on TV... heck does it even need to air on TV before being available online (now thats food for thought).

To the person that mentioned Dvd's...lol, anyone that mentions that they are going to 'buy' a Dvd... I have pretty much laughed at for the past couple of years Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User a lot of prefer buying DVDs or Blurays as they want something physical for their money, CDs are still the most popular format for music albums.  If you want something immediately try Amazon & Netflix who produce theire own films & series - you won't even have to wait for them to go to the cinema or be aired on TV...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well said. Agreed in full 😜