cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why on earth do you keep removing programs!

Geating really frustrated now and unless something changes very soon, I will be leaving Now TV.

First The Sopranos, watching at my leisure then all of a sudden it's gone. Halfway though and it is no longer. Same with The Middle and now Ray Donovan. I only started watching this just before season 4 aired. Season 4 finished and now the whole lot are gone. I had just got a couple of episodes in. Supposed to be enjoyment television, right now it feels more like frustration television. To scared to watch anything else, just in case I get into and then... gone..

20 REPLIES 20
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User all programs have a certain life span on Now. Some are on for longer than others.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you've missed out on some shows! Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Like all streaming services, content is only available for a certain amount of time. This is down to the deals agreed with the studios. As per your examples:

The Sopranos full Box Set, Seasons 1-6, was available from 14 April to 13 October (6 months.)

The Middle I believe we only ever had on Catch Up, which usually means each episode was only available for 30 days after broadcast. Season 8 starts tomorrow on Comedy Central!

Ray Donovan Season 4 was also only available as Catch Up, but as a special case we kept all the episodes after they aired until 19 October - to allow people longer to watch them.

For Entertainment content, we put an expiry date on each episode, when it's within 30 days of leaving. You can also find Box Set information here. More explanation of expiry dates can be found here.

Hope that helps, but please let us know if there's any other feedback you have around expiry dates.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will house come back on soon? Started watching and got to season 2 before it was removed 🙁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely agree that this is total nonsense. We were half way through sopranos and suddenly it's gone. More annoying than not watching it at all!! What a total waste of our time. And money. Terrible terrible service. As for expiry date - great advise from up there on your high horse, but too little, too late. Definitely leaving as a result. We never saw a single expiry warning, so not clear at all. Obviously we weren't the only ones...
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you subscribe to the thread on boxsets you can keep up to date with when shows are going it is updated most days. If you need me to post link let me know 🙂
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Geating really frustrated now and unless something changes very soon, I will be leaving Now TV.

First The Sopranos, watching at my leisure then all of a sudden it's gone. Halfway though and it is no longer. Same with The Middle and now Ray Donovan. I only started watching this just before season 4 aired. Season 4 finished and now the whole lot are gone. I had just got a couple of episodes in. Supposed to be enjoyment television, right now it feels more like frustration television. To scared to watch anything else, just in case I get into and then... gone..

Hello @Anonymous User,

I know it sucks to see some things leave and come in with Now TV but sadly there's nothing that they can really do as it's contract with the show they have done where it's there for just a certain amount of time but I'm sure there not gone for good as the show you love the leaves now tv could come back a few months later but in the meantime there's a selection of others to give a taste and try to now tv is just like netflix where something things you really love will go but then there's new things for you to try and enjoy 

Hope this helps and that considering to STAY and not leave Now TV

Kind Regards

DanTheGamer56

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find it hard to believe that sky isn't able to extend its contracts in order to maintain streaming of popular shows, once a series/individual episodes are added the previous ones shouldn't be deleted. Although now tv's library has a relatively vast selection there's barely anything to show for half of its box sets, not to mention the fact certain films advertised on tv aren't in the sky cinema bundle. Quite frankly I'm disappointed and am quite tempted to terminate my membership with now tv after my trial ends, I'm not paying 30 quid to be mugged off. Also using Netflix as a reference point for comparison simply doesn't work. They may remove a film once in a blue moon but never tend to remove entire series or individual episodes of a franchise, I mean cmon an expirey date on you're favourite shows? Personally I've never observed this happen on any other site. It's a disappointment.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just started watching true detective, which said it had 13 days remaining, only to watch first two episodes and discover episode 3 is no longer there although 4 and 6 are. What is the point in that?? It’s totally ridiculous. Now tv is fine if you want to watch one episode of a show but if you want to watch the whole series forget it. And the comparison to Netflix is stupid because I’ve never had a series on Netflix warn me I have just 13 days to watch entir series. Really fed up and not sure I’ll bother continuing with now tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What device are you using ?

On my Windows NowTV App all 8 episodes are still there showing 13 days left.