cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why are some films that are available on Sky cinema not available on Now tv?

I was looking on the internet for film recommendations to watch and noticed that a few of the films were listed on the Sky Cinema website. It was my understanding that with a Now tv box you get access to Sky cinema but none of the films I saw on the Sky cinema were available on Now tv. They didn't even show up as an option. It was just 'no results'. I wanted to know if this is the way it's supposed to be.
1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure what percentage of the movies that are shown on both Sky and NowTV services are, but i was under the impression it was pretty high with the exception of a few films with licensing broadcast rights and some slight differences on different NowTV playback devices.

Could it be possible that when you did an internet search for movies on Sky that it was an old page feed and when you did a search in the NowTV search engine the movies have possibly left the NowTV service ?

Perhaps if you can list the movies in question, then maybe somebody from the NowTV Content Team can check if these movies have either been on the NowTV service in the past, scheduled for a return or are not covered under some licensing rights agreement with the studio.