cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White box appears on Sky 1, Living & Atlantic

Hi,

Both via the Now TV app for my Samsung Smart TV (2016 model) and the web browser interface I get a small white box appearing on the bottom left of the screen - a bit like what appears on Sky Go on the right.

This doesn't appear on any other channels and it's pretty off-putting once you've noticed it. Is this something that will be removed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  It seems that the white box in the corner of some live channels has been removed.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Given that what you are seeing is not specific to Samsung TV owners, your topic has been moved into the forums Entertainment sub-section...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@[voucher code removed] wrote:

Hi,

Both via the Now TV app for my Samsung Smart TV (2016 model) and the web browser interface I get a small white box appearing on the bottom left of the screen - a bit like what appears on Sky Go on the right.

This doesn't appear on any other channels and it's pretty off-putting once you've noticed it. Is this something that will be removed?

Does it on xbox one and smart box as well, must be watermark like sky sports have in pubs so they can see if channels are being streamed illegally.  Doesn't bother me personally.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

or it could be the issue I reported last night as there is a small rectangular box as well as the annoying voice overs

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Audio-description-problems/m-p/421939#U421939

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody know what's with the white rectangle on live TV?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Surely sky could fade this watermark and move it to the corner of the screen, this is annoying me to the point of cancellation

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't stop staring at it...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's causing persistent image on my TV this is only after 30 minutes of watching took 10 minutes to fade. Won't do the panel any good in the long term. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Guys, I think you'll find that the white box is an anti-piracy device. It has always been on the bottom right on Sky Sports F1, but has now propagated to the bottom left on other Sky channels.

It works like this, if someone recorded a program from Sky, burnt it to a dvd then sold the dvd on ebay, for instance, the the Sky lawyers can point to the box and say "we know where you stole that from".  I've also seen what looks like a beer glass on some channels - especially on extracts from Sky Sports on BBC TV.

We all suffer for the naughtiness off the few.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do we get rid of the small white rectangle on the bottom left of the screen?  It has been there since yesterday and the start of the aaudiodescription issues.