cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will you be transmitting in HD?

Hi guys

Was wondering when you will start transmitting in HD?  Did ask a few years ago was hoping that by now shows would be available in HD...

Thanks in advance

Kriss 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another sci-fi fan around! NOW TV stream in 720p HD on most devices now,  but there's no news on if or when this will be upped to 1080p HD. However streaming on my devices on the big screen, the quality is pretty good.

More details here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's in 1080p as of Now 👍 and it's brilliant quality, Enjoy!!

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi guys

Was wondering when you will start transmitting in HD?  Did ask a few years ago was hoping that by now shows would be available in HD...

Thanks in advance

Kriss 🙂

It's in 1080p as of Now and it looks brilliant, Enjoy!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How do you know? Is there a setting to activate?

Cheers
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Certainly no different here on entertainment, I don't subscribe to Cinema as it's much too expensive for what's on offer. Netflix still blows it away. More importantly, the sports are still being broadcast at a shockingly poor 25fps.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

It appears to only be 1080p in the Cinema pass.

Must have been automatic with the price increase, but yes I definitely agree the Entertainment side is still not up to scratch. 

Still an improvement, very slow one though as Now Tv is missing a few other important things to make it a true worthwhile alternative to Sky TV

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Hooba
Scholar 3

Still 720p through AppleTV - that's movies and everything else.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
How do you know? Is there a setting to activate?

Cheers

First up I know because I can see it's 1080p ha 🤗 Very obvious it is and No need to activate anything, as long as your Now Tv Box is set to 1080p in the settings you're set up, incidently I have watched it through the app on my Tv also and it still appears to be 720 🤔 as there is no settings options on the app as opposed to the stand alone boxes, so it looks like that it may only be 1080p on there own devices for now, picture is fantastic to say the least but......still no 5.1 surround as yet but I am sure that's in the post.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

This still doesn’t take away the fact I’ve watched films since Friday and it’s throigh my Tv app, even I have noticed that it’s improved and would say it’s 1080p.

I have both Entertainment and Movies pass, have been watching both over the weekend and can safely say the Movies is better picture quality over the Entertainment. That being said it was Predator 2 and Aliens I’ve watched, but far better than it was over a week ago, shame the sound isn’t 5.1 yet.

As I don’t have a Now Tv box or stick in my opinion I think it has to do with the price increase.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 wrote:

This still doesn’t take away the fact I’ve watched films since Friday and it’s throigh my Tv app, even I have noticed that it’s improved and would say it’s 1080p.

I have both Entertainment and Movies pass, have been watching both over the weekend and can safely say the Movies is better picture quality over the Entertainment. That being said it was Predator 2 and Aliens I’ve watched, but far better than it was over a week ago, shame the sound isn’t 5.1 yet.

As I don’t have a Now Tv box or stick in my opinion I think it has to do with the price increase.

Maybe different TV companies have different time lines on upgrading the Now Tv app?? I don't know for sure , I've always been a believer in having a dedicated box from the provider themselves as opposed to using an app etc also found the PQ and AQ better through dedicated boxes, not sure why this is but just my own personal opinion. I can't comment on the entertainment or sports as I only have Cinema.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am watching Sports now, 3pm on March 10th, using the 4K Now TV box, and it sure looks like an improvement compared to before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just compared the Now TV Sky Sports picture quality with my standard definition BT Sport channels and the difference is huge (bigger than before). Now TV definitely looks like 1080p if you're using their 4K box. I'll check the Entertainment channels tonight and I'll give an update.