cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When do programs go on catch up?

I thought they go on demand as soon as the show starts airing on the live thing.

This is what usually happens but today with the walking dead it didn't.

I guess it will go up after the episode has finished being aired but I'm quite annoyed I'm gonna have to wait.

Is this normally what happens? I prefer watching on demand as there are no adverts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  no normally they go on after broadcast.  Can vary from straight after to a few hours after.   I would guess it will appear shortly after 10pm since it says will be available today.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  no normally they go on after broadcast.  Can vary from straight after to a few hours after.   I would guess it will appear shortly after 10pm since it says will be available today.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It might also be worth pointing out that 'catch-up' episodes (usually) expire 30 days after their original 'live' broadcast date, due to pre-arranged agreements with their copyright holders (much like they do with BBC iPlayer).

Meaning once they've exceeded their 30 day limit, they've have gone!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still not showing and the broadcast has finished 😟😟
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User They can sometimes take between 1 hour-24 hours after broadcast.
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

well im telling you right now... if it doesnt show up VERY SOON.. i am going to wait some more... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, it's 22:20 and still no sign of it, is there any reason why would it take 24 hours to show up?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

The catch-up episode of TWD doesn't appear until around 11pm, and if for some reason they haven't uploaded it in time, the episode is also repeated on the live Fox channel at 11pm as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a terrible performance from NowTV!!

Surely it should be lined up ready to go as soon as the broadcast has finished!?

I'm pretty sure last week episode 1 was available before the actual broadcast.... The icon for ep 1 was there when you clicked on season 7 anyway so I presume it was available to watch.

How can you expect people to go to work the next day without having seen it ! Smiley Tongue

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It's been the same in previous years for TWD as well where the catch-up appears around 11pm, I suspect it is an arrangement they have with Fox to fit in with their schedule.

Last week was slightly different as the first episode had already been broadcast in the early hours in a simulcast with the American showing (2.30am) , the catch-up episode was added an hour after the episode finished (4.30am) and so was available throughout the day.