cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Westworld

I'd just like to say I think the way this service is sold is very misleading.

I signed up specifically to watch Westworld after googling how I could watch it, and clicking through on an advert that implied by buying Now TV Entertainment I'd be able to watch Westworld. It has a huge picture of Anthony Hopkins and looked very simple.

Only now that I've paid £6.99 do I realise that Westworld isn't offered any longer at all. At no point before I handed over my money was this made clear.

There is nothing else I want to watch on your service so I have essentially just been duped out of £6.99.

This is unnecessary. You clearly run a very successful service and don't need to use underhanded methods like this to get people to hand over their cash. People will buy it anyway if they want to. It should be made far more clear that Westworld is no longer available and won't be until it comes back as a box set, whenever that is.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also signed up purely for WW last month. Have been saving the last episode after watching the rest over Xmas and logged in today, excited, only to find its been removed with absolutely no warning.

Miserable experience.

And look - it's still advertised very clearly on the sign up page: http://www.nowtv.com/entertainment/westworld

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I also signed up purely for WW last month. Have been saving the last episode after watching the rest over Xmas and logged in today, excited, only to find its been removed with absolutely no warning.

Actually @Anonymous User,

There's been an orange 'days left' counter to the right of each episodes run time since the series began!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clearly not big or orange enough for this guy :"(

I just needed to vent. I'm sure I'll get over it... Someday.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Out of interest, where did you see the information about Westworld. And how recently did you see it. Can you provide links?

If you are a brand new NOW TV subscriber you will be eligible for a 14 day free trial. In which case you wont have to pay £6.99 until after the 14 day trial.

Sufficed to say, if you cancel right now, you wont have to pay anything at all and you can still use the NOW TV service until the end of the trial...  

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed.  I have just set up my new NowTV box with 6 month entertainment pass and find Westworld is completely missing, despite it saying its available online.  WTF?  Just more bad poor delivery from NowTV - wish I hadn't bothered.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... despite it saying its available online.  

Please confirm where you've seen this promo information? So if it belongs to NOW TV they can remove it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Agreed.  I have just set up my new NowTV box with 6 month entertainment pass and find Westworld is completely missing, despite it saying its available online.  WTF?  Just more bad poor delivery from NowTV - wish I hadn't bothered.

Check the Sky Atlantic schedules. You may be able to watch it on  live channels in forthcoming weeks.  Not ideal, but better than not having it at all.   It puzzles me that GoT is constantly on Sky Atlantic, but comes and goes on Now TV on demand. Maybe one day HBO now will come to UK and these shows will be always available.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can see the material here - its not difficult to find as google points you straight to it:

http://www.nowtv.com/entertainment/westworld

Here you will see it is descibed as being able to watch from the beginning via catchup.  It isn't.

I have raised a complaint with the ASA as this is disingenuous advertising.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

saintagnes wrote: 

I have raised a complaint with the ASA as this is disingenuous advertising.

Thanks for providing the link... However (and as suspected), it quite clearly states in the promotional image that there's '1 day left'