cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchlist: maximum capacity and filters

TL;DR: What is the max watchlist capacity? Why is there a limit? Netflix/Prime don't have limits. NOW TV watchlists need both filtering functions and sort functions.

What is the maximum number of items you can add to your watchlist? And why is there a maximum? I get error messages when I try to add one more item. I deleted an item and managed to add a different item successfully - I repeated this three experiment three times, so there is definitely a limit.

It's frustrating because I like to keep track of every single show/film I am interested in and I have only been through all Entertainment genres and Movies genres Action and World Cinema. There are still ten more genres I need to scroll through.

Notably, neither Netflix nor Amazon Prime have limits. Prime is best because even a film is removed from Prime, it remains in your watchlist and you can use the filter 'included with Prime' to see what you can watch for free then and there.

Another note, NOW TV needs filters for the watchlist to make it easy to sort through your watchlist. Filters I would like: genre, film length (so I can easily find a <90 min film), initial release year (so it's easy to go through films AND TV shows e.g. Futurama would be 1999). Sort functions I would like: film length, initial release year, alphabetical.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hello! Thank you for your message. I have spoken with our dev teams and they have confirmed there is a limit of 200 items. 

It seems the one issue causes the other, there needs to be a limit because the Watchlist doesn't filter or sort, so if the list had to recall more than 200 items it would impair the systems performance. 

I have passed your feedback along to the team who manage that feature, hopefully as the system is developed and improved we can roll out some of your suggestions! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for explaining the issue, Mary. Knowing I likely won't find what I'm looking for puts me off NOW TV and pushes me towards Netflix/Prime, so I hope they can develop a solution soon, especially because NOW TV seems quite promising.