cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchlist and Continue Watching

I did post in the "Black Box" section regarding the way that the "My TV" section has changed but I thought that it would be better in here as others might be experiencing the same problems.

OK then, I am currently watching the latest series of "Hawaii 5-0"....It is in my "Watchlist" and also in "Continue Watching".  To keep up to date with where I am in the series, I realise that I have to watch each episode until the very end and then the next episode will be ready to go in the "Continue Watching" area.  This makes the "Watch the next episode now" pop up, that appears during the final credits, redundant and that feature was only started a few months ago.

Also in my watchlist I have the shows that I watch on a "weekly" basis.  For example, "Chicago Fire" is on Thursday night at 9.00pm and so sometime after 10.00pm it should pop up in "Continue Watching" to allow me to click on the latest episode. Last week, that happened...fine and dandy, you might think.  However, I did not watch the last episode and it stayed in "Continue Watching" (As it should) until Wednesday, when it just disappeared.  I then go back to my "Watchlist"....Click on Chicago Fire and am taken back to Series 1, Episode 1 on the list.

Chicago Fire was on again last night and it should have gone into "Continue Watching", but no, nothing....It's as if I had never watched an episode, or had it in my "watchlist".  That's the thing, this isn't a one off, sometimes a programme I watch goes in to "Continue Watching", sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it stays there, sometimes it disappears.

With the old "Watch History", I could scan down what I had watched, either boxset or catch up, click on what I wanted, one more click to get to the next episode and I was away.....I never missed an episode of anything.

Many programmes have just disappeared before and at other times programmes fail to go from "Watchlist" to "Continue Watching" as already described.....I loved the old "Watch History", it just WORKED!  However this new system has me scratching my head.

Thanks for your time.

73 REPLIES 73
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I did forget to say my 10 "hallelujah NOW TV" 's last night so I hope my lapse in faith didn't impact on your Continue Watching too much. I too have noticed that when you are up to date with a show and a new episode is added to catch-up it doesn't appear in Continue Watching straight away, for me they seem to appear the next day instead.

Were you up to date with Shades and Nashville when the show disappeared from Continue Watching (which is what should happen until a new episode comes along) or were there still episodes waiting to be watched which should have been in Continue Watching? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Andy

You're right that a new show doesn't appear in "Continue Watching" until the following day, or whenever you come out of the Now TV app and then back in and that seems absolutely fine by me.

Unfortunately, as for "Shades of Blue" and "Nashville" (It happened with "Chicago Fire" as well) I had not watched the episodes when they disappeared from "Continue Watching".  Like you say, they should have stayed there until they had been watched and only then should they have disappeared until after Wednesday and Thursday, when this weeks episodes should appear.

It still has me scratching my head and it makes "Continue Watching" unreliable....Although it does seem to work well on Boxsets, apart from that one glitch on "The Night Of", which you helped me out on, Thanks again for that.

Keep the faith, My Son, keep the faithSmiley Wink

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Wonder if it's something to do with the way those particular shows are tagged behind the scenes or something like that, rather than your particular account.

I'll @-mention @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team - if he thinks it worthwhile he could let the relevant team aware of the details you've given, they might not be able to help you directly but it might help them identify where the problem is to iron out any bugs for everyone. 

There's a few little niggles as on a couple of occasions now I've gone into the Continue Watching section to find it empty with a message saying why not start watching something and it will appear here (words to that effect) which then corrects itself when the app is restarted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Yes, I had the "Why not start watching something" type message a couple of times but that was in the few days after the update and it doesn't seem to have appeared since.  That might be because I have a couple of Boxsets in "Continue Watching" and, as I said before, apart from one glitch, they have behaved themselves.

It does only seem to be a problem with the "Weekly" (Or "Catch up", if you prefer) episodes and it's a case of, one minute they're there, the next they've gone.  Any show that I regularly watch, I put into "MyTV" and they seem to stay there, so it seems to be a problem with just the "Continue Watching" section.  There is the work round of watching the programmes via "Catch up" or "MyTV/Selected programme/Latest episode" if they have gone missing but, I'm sure that you're right and it is a bug with tagging or delivery.

If @Anonymous User can help to sort this out, then he'll be more than welcome to share the tea and biccies at the Church of Now,  maybe he could even draw the Raffle. Smiley Happy

P.S.....I think that I might be taking this evangelical business a bit too seriously for my own good!!! Smiley Embarassed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have passed this thread on as feedback for you @Anonymous User@Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Continue Watching is a flawed system and is being detrimental to users.  My list is now being restricted again to just 8 shows, therefore when new episodes of shows are available they are NOT showing up in the useless continue watching section.  I've reported it many times to support but they just don't do anything about it.  Don't get these issues with the other streaming services.

Legend 5
Legend 5

If you watch all of the programs in the series it will automatically place in the next episode after it has aired. I am watching Zoo and Last Ship. I am expecting the next episodes (9) to appear after they are shown. No need to relook for current seasons of programs if up to date.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 hopefully you mean episode 10 otherwise your Continue Watching section isn't working!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy which ever is the next one lol
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have had a few threads on this one, so in this one can we keep it short and to the point for the benefit of the Now TV Tech Team.  I'm sorry and I am more guilty than most for rambling on in other threads but I promise to keep this on track as it is becoming a real problem for the watching enjoyment of viewers.

OK the the problems, as I see them:

Watch Now/ Maybe Later :

The button pop up that appears during the credits, for some doesn't work.  They just get a black screen and the Red/Green/Blue rotating circles and the only work round seems to be to go back to the Homepage and start again...A real problem if you are watching a boxset.

Watchlist :

Putting programmes into "My TV / Watchlist" does not seem to help them to get into "Continue Watching", even if a new episode is available.

Continue Watching :

Episodes can disappear, without being watched, or just never seem to actually go in to "Continue Watching". An example of it's bizarre behaviour was last (Thursday) night when "Nashville" was in Continue watching...I added "Blindspot" to my watchlist...Nashville disappeared...I removed Blindspot...Nashville came back into continue watching.

The above is a brief summary of the faults/niggles that I know about but if you could add any other experiences, then it can only help the Boffins in trying to sort it out and maybe tie all the threads together into one place.  

Thanks Folks Smiley Happy