cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchlist and Continue Watching

I did post in the "Black Box" section regarding the way that the "My TV" section has changed but I thought that it would be better in here as others might be experiencing the same problems.

OK then, I am currently watching the latest series of "Hawaii 5-0"....It is in my "Watchlist" and also in "Continue Watching".  To keep up to date with where I am in the series, I realise that I have to watch each episode until the very end and then the next episode will be ready to go in the "Continue Watching" area.  This makes the "Watch the next episode now" pop up, that appears during the final credits, redundant and that feature was only started a few months ago.

Also in my watchlist I have the shows that I watch on a "weekly" basis.  For example, "Chicago Fire" is on Thursday night at 9.00pm and so sometime after 10.00pm it should pop up in "Continue Watching" to allow me to click on the latest episode. Last week, that happened...fine and dandy, you might think.  However, I did not watch the last episode and it stayed in "Continue Watching" (As it should) until Wednesday, when it just disappeared.  I then go back to my "Watchlist"....Click on Chicago Fire and am taken back to Series 1, Episode 1 on the list.

Chicago Fire was on again last night and it should have gone into "Continue Watching", but no, nothing....It's as if I had never watched an episode, or had it in my "watchlist".  That's the thing, this isn't a one off, sometimes a programme I watch goes in to "Continue Watching", sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it stays there, sometimes it disappears.

With the old "Watch History", I could scan down what I had watched, either boxset or catch up, click on what I wanted, one more click to get to the next episode and I was away.....I never missed an episode of anything.

Many programmes have just disappeared before and at other times programmes fail to go from "Watchlist" to "Continue Watching" as already described.....I loved the old "Watch History", it just WORKED!  However this new system has me scratching my head.

Thanks for your time.

73 REPLIES 73
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Bobk

Guys

You know something, you have reminded us all that TECH, and that is all tech, will eventually breakdown, while old school stuff, such as pen and paper (even a chisel and stone table) will last forever.

Don't knock the old school stuff.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are so right, ukbobboy.....and you made me laugh! Smiley Very Happy  Thank you.

I went onto Now TV again tonight to watch another episode of "The Killing" and......"Chicago Fire", which had been in "Continue Watching" since Thursday......Has disappeared....Again!

I wonder if Now TV have heard of the saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  Watch History worked, this new...err..."improved" (??!!Smiley Mad) system is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike......Remember ashtrays?...Now that is "Old School"!!!! Smiley Wink

Now TV....Please fix this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet another update...Even I'm getting bored with this!!!

Tonight (Sunday) Watched an episode of "The Killing"....Watched through the credits until it went back to "Continue watching" and "The Last Ship" (In Watchlist) had appeared in "Continue Watching".

Watched another episode of "The Killing".. right through the credits... back to "Continue Watching"..."The Last Ship" has disappeared from "Continue Watching".

For goodness sake, will somebody from Now TV respond to this.....I am going to shout , so please divert your ears.....THIS IS HOPELESS!!!

Sorry if I offended any members of this parish that didn't heed the warning Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can I remove an item from my "Continue to watch list" when you realise it is rubbish and will never look at it again?

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User either search for program in search and click remove from my TV or go to continue playing open episode then fast forward through to end. It will update to next episode. Repeat until none left. Also delete from watch list.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OMG doing that for 10, 12, 25 episodes

and what about season two etc?

Watching a show to see if you like it is a Kiss of Death

clogs up Watchlist and Continue Watching

arrrrggghh

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

I had the same problem with "Aquarius", which I didn't like and I had to fast forward through every episode to remove it.....I have to agree with the "arrrrggghh" comment!!

However a great tip came from @Andy who said that if you go to the last episode of the final series of a boxset and fast forward through that, right to the end, leave it to run out, where it will check to see if another episode is available...When it can't find one it will assume that you have watched the entire series and remove it from "Continue Watching".  You will have to manually remove it from "MyTV/Watchlist" but a click on the orange button to the left hand side of the episode list will do that.

I hope that helps, if it does, don't thank me, thank Andy!

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

P.S. Sorry I meant the orange button on the RIGHT side of the episode list....The one with the "Thumbnails" of each episode on.

Just run it past me again....Which side of the road do I drive on? Smiley Embarassed Smiley Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi all,

Currently, the only way they can remove content from your 'Continue watching' list is to play (fast forward) episodes/movies through to their end...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I realise your post is from last year but I haven't found anything more recent discussing this.

I am replying though because having just tried yoursearch sugestion I found it didn't work (meanwhile the other suggestion of FFing to the end of each episode until there are none left is just too time consuming and tedious, and not guaranteed to work either unfortunately)

Last week I did somehow somewhere receive an option to remove something from my watch list. I don't remember it being through the search system but I don't recall what I did either.

I suspect that the way you suggested has worked for you so I donlt have a problem with your sugggestion. The point I am making is that there is a lack of consistency through Now TV. Sometimes thing disappear and reappear etc.

My main grioe about this whole thing is that there should just be an option to remove permanently attached to evey item in the Coninue Watching and Watchlist menus that would very quickly solve this annoying problem.