cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchlist and Continue Watching

I did post in the "Black Box" section regarding the way that the "My TV" section has changed but I thought that it would be better in here as others might be experiencing the same problems.

OK then, I am currently watching the latest series of "Hawaii 5-0"....It is in my "Watchlist" and also in "Continue Watching".  To keep up to date with where I am in the series, I realise that I have to watch each episode until the very end and then the next episode will be ready to go in the "Continue Watching" area.  This makes the "Watch the next episode now" pop up, that appears during the final credits, redundant and that feature was only started a few months ago.

Also in my watchlist I have the shows that I watch on a "weekly" basis.  For example, "Chicago Fire" is on Thursday night at 9.00pm and so sometime after 10.00pm it should pop up in "Continue Watching" to allow me to click on the latest episode. Last week, that happened...fine and dandy, you might think.  However, I did not watch the last episode and it stayed in "Continue Watching" (As it should) until Wednesday, when it just disappeared.  I then go back to my "Watchlist"....Click on Chicago Fire and am taken back to Series 1, Episode 1 on the list.

Chicago Fire was on again last night and it should have gone into "Continue Watching", but no, nothing....It's as if I had never watched an episode, or had it in my "watchlist".  That's the thing, this isn't a one off, sometimes a programme I watch goes in to "Continue Watching", sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it stays there, sometimes it disappears.

With the old "Watch History", I could scan down what I had watched, either boxset or catch up, click on what I wanted, one more click to get to the next episode and I was away.....I never missed an episode of anything.

Many programmes have just disappeared before and at other times programmes fail to go from "Watchlist" to "Continue Watching" as already described.....I loved the old "Watch History", it just WORKED!  However this new system has me scratching my head.

Thanks for your time.

73 REPLIES 73
Legend 5
Legend 5

Unfortunately what some perceive as a problem is actually how it is now meant to work. Continue Watching is for the next episode in the series. It will be interesting to see if it is clever enough to recognise when a new season of a series starts. The watchlist is your recent history.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 4268 and thank you for your reply.

I realise that the watchlist is my recent history, that is precisely why I put programmes in there, I also realise that "Continue watching" is for the next episode in a series that I watch as a boxset or on a weekly basis.  However my point is that sometimes programmes in "Continue watching" just disappear, without being watched (before the next episode has aired) or just don't go into the continue watching area.  I say sometimes as it is so hit and miss and therefore unreliable.

Surely that is NOT "How it is now meant to work"....Is it?

Thanks for your time but you have not answered the problem, sorry.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
The watchlist is your recent history.

The watchlist is anything you've chosen to 'Add to My TV'.

I'd prefer it if there were 3 lists in My TV.  'Watchlist', 'Continue Watching' and 'Recently Watched'.

If people watch an episode of a TV show one week and the next episode doesn't always appear in 'Continue Watching' the following week, it will be a problem.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi DarylM and thank you as you seem to understand the problem.  I really like your idea of the three lists, especially the "Recently watched" bit as that would give us back the old "Watch History" but in a new format.

I never used to add things to "My TV", I just used the watch history and it worked a treat.  I never missed an episode of anything and your idea would bring that feature back.  Good idea and one that Now TV should think of bringing on board.

Thanks again.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I did not watch the last episode and it stayed in "Continue Watching" (As it should) until Wednesday, when it just disappeared.  

That does sound like a problem.  An episode should surely stay in "Continue Watching" until the user has watched that episode.  At which point the next episode should appear in "Continue Watching" when it's available.

My guess is that is a fault with how Catch Up episodes which air live on a weekly basis are tracked in Continue Watching.  Boxset episodes should work fine.

It would also be nice if it was possible to delete shows from the Continue Watching list so they don't appear there anymore.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spot on, DarylM.  You understand the problem and have come up with another good idea.

Many thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this just me?

OK, so tonight ( Friday) I switch on Now TV and in "Continue Watching" I have "Unforgetable" (Which is in my watchlist) I then watch two episodes of "The Killing" (Boxset - Also in my watchlist) I go back to "Continue watching" and...guess what?... Unforgetable has been forgotten!!!...It is not there....gone....does not show up....fails to appear.

Also "Nashville" is in my watchlist and did not arrive in "Continue Watching"....That was on last night and has just failed to swap over into "Continue watching".

With the old "Watch History", I never missed an episode of anything, now, This is hopeless as I run the risk of missing episodes of programmes that I watch and with a limited time to watch and new series arriving, then this must be a problem to many.

As I say, Is this just me?  If it isn't then Now TV have a problem with programme delivery.

Bobk
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is this just me?

Not just you.

I've given up using the "continue watching" as progs fail to appear or dissapear.  The system is seriously flawed and I have now been forced to resort to pen and paper to keep a note of what I've watched/watching.

Also, when it has been fixed, there needs to be a way of manually deleting progs that you don't want to continue watching.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bobk and thank you.

Now that I know I'm not alone in having this problem it begs the question of just what is going on?  Many people contribute to this community site but I bet the great majority of Now TV customers do not.  They use the site (quite rightly) as a sort of "Troubleshooter".....I've done this myself and it has been a great help.  Surely if there is a major flaw with the "Continue Watching" section then Now TV should address it as a matter of urgency as there must be a "Silent Majority" who are unhappy with it.

Many thanks again for your reply, Bobk....I'm off now to take your advice and find a little notebook and a pen as in this age of technology, it seems that the old ways are the best!!