cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Viewing from outside uk

I have a valid uk entertainment pack subscription, yet when I attempt to view my favourite series on my iPad while on holiday, the system errors on me. According to support, viewing from outside the uk is not allowed. I do not understand the motivation behind this policing; what else is the purpose of a subscription other than to keep up with your favourite shows? This should be allowed anywhere or credit should be refunded for those periods where service is denied.

Very disappointed customer.

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yeah unfortunately that's always been the case with NOW TV, possibly down to pressure from content partners but we don't know the reason for definite, and as you can't download shows for offline viewing there's currently no option for enjoying NOW TV whilst outside the UK.

The European Union have ruled to ensure citizens have access to paid streaming subscriptions across member states sometime in 2018. With the Repeal Bill and UK's continued membership of the European Broadcasting Union after Brexit there's a chance customers will benefit from this in the future.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

The European Union have ruled to ensure citizens have access to paid streaming subscriptions across member states sometime in 2018. With the Repeal Bill and UK's continued membership of the European Broadcasting Union after Brexit there's a chance customers will benefit from this in the future.

Interesting... 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User @Andy

You know guys

As far as TV is concerned, it would be good to know what's in and what's out post Brexit.

UK Bob