cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vanishing 6 month Entertainment Pass

I bought a new box with 6 months Entertainment pass from Currys just before Christmas as it was on offer. I only wanted the pass as I already have a box, and as most of us know, it's cheaper to extend your subscription by buying a new box (!)

I had to wait until the end of December to input the code to take me to within a month of the end of my previous subscription. I entered the code, which was accepted and showed the expiry date as the end of July 2017.

Today, I've been charged £6.99 for a month of Entertainment! I logged in to my account, and sure enough, all record of my 6 month pass applied in December has disapperared. I spoke to online chat who said they could only help if I had the 6 month code or a screenshot of the successful application. Why on earth would I:  a) keep the card, or b) take a screenshot, if the code had applied successfully at the time?

There's seemingly absolutely nothing I can do about it now. A scan around relevant forums show other Now TV customers having experienced the same thing. I've been with Now TV for coming on 4 years now and have never experienced issues with passes before, but this is massively frustrating. Going forward, I'll obviously keep used passes and take screenshots, but that really shouldn't be necessary should it?

Very fed up and disgruntled customer 😞

13 REPLIES 13
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F can you look into this? @Anonymous User Karl is one of the forum managers.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Feel bad for you but you've highlighted something to me I'll be taking screen shots from now on, hope you get it sorted

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Feel bad for you but you've highlighted something to me I'll be taking screen shots from now on, hope you get it sorted

It's most odd that's for sure. I've exclusively used voucher pass codes since March 2014 for both the 'Cinema' and 'Entertainment' services and never had a problem like this.

That said, I seem to remember somebody mentioning a similar issue a while ago. And it turned out that they'd allocated their voucher pass code to an old NOW TV account by mistake...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the input @SeeMoreDigital. Like I said, I've never had this before either, but I've only ever had one NowTV account too. 

I know for a fact that the 6 month pass took - I even added the expiry date as a reminder on my phone diary as I always do - but there has never been a notification email confirming pass codes and they don't even show up on your billing history, which just shows the changing amount you pay each month and no reference as to why you're tariff has been discounted. Which is pretty crap IMHO.

Hopefully, we'll get some answers here, but I'm obviously reluctant now to buy passes and am considering my NowTV subs alltogether after today 😕

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, the same happened to me with 2 passes.  Fortunately I keep my passes for a while.  Did you get it sorted in the end?  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly not Smiley Sad

Deafeneing silence from NOW TV and the more I look, the more I hear of similar stories. I don't get why pass codes aren't logged on your payment history. Probably so they can deny they existed. It's a mistake I won't make again - keeping all pass scratch cards and screenshots from now, although that shouldn't be necessary in this day and age.

Poor account management system by NOW TV to say the least Smiley Mad

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  I am going to tag @Simon-J  for you so he can look into it.  Clearly you have had an account since 2013 so know what you are doing when it comes to applying codes.  The system should either send an email or like you say indicate in some way in billing that a voucher was applied.  I personally think it is wise to take screen shots of payments regardless of company (I might however simply be an old cynic)

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Firstly I'm sorry you've not had a response from us. I'll get this looked into for you right away. You'll receive an email and we'll pick things up from there.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Same thing happened to me , luckily I had my pass still (after some searching), I didnt realise it was widespread. I got my months refunded, but still I had to waste time effort and get stressed for what amounts, very clearly, to a Now Tv error . From now on screenshot and keep passes once used and try and put the word out plus complain to the NowTv ):-/