cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch live TV or Sports

Since 19th I’ve been unable to watch Sky Sports Live. There’s no error; just something went wrong, try again later. The fault is the same on two TV Apps and my NowTV box. I can watch Movies and content I’ve selected in entertainment. I CAN watch live sport on my mobile using Data. I’ve reinstalled the app, I’ve reset my NowTV box, I’ve reset my BT Internet hub. Nothing changes... any ideas?
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you purchased a Sky Sports Pass OR a Sky Sports Mobile Pass? If it were a 'mobile pass' you only get access via a mobile device. Beyond that I'm stumped.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

No I have a monthly pass. It was working fine, then Friday am - nothing. Live help team cannot resolve it. Thanks for the reply
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exact same problem and so far no resolution from NowTV, or BT.
BT suggested setting up dualband BB network from the router, which doesnt seem to have done anything.
NowTV went thru various solutions none of which worked.
I can view Sky Sports Racing but no other sports channels.
On the stick and box i get 'sorry, something went wrong', in the mobile app over WiFi i get 'Playback_protocol_error'

Any suggestions appreciated, ideally BEFORE the last round of the Open gets going today!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else with a Sports Pass able to offer these guys any advice??? Sounds like this could be a wider issue?!?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - Yes I Haven't been able to access Sky Sports etc since the 19th also . I have factory reset and reset my BT Router and still - Sorry something went wrong 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Someone else experiencing issues on this thread https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Unable-to-watch-live-tv/m-p/503014#M3354%2Fjump-to%2Ffirst-unread-message on all live tv on all their passes.

@Anonymous UserYou say you can access movie and entertainment content. Is that LIVE tv or On Demand content only?

I'll ask the poster on the other thread if they'd like to add their experience onto this thread and hopefully someone can pick up on this although I don't think the forum moderators are available weekends (if at all nowadays).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
As per others: no sky sports can viewed live, other than Horse Racing. Movies working fine. I can watch all sports on app via Data but NOT Wi-fi. Very frustrating as desperate to watch The Open!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Also having a problem with weekly sports pass. Entertainment pass still works fine but sports pass (bought for the Open!) only works on 4G mobile connection. Was at a friends house and it worked on their wifi. Any help really appreciated!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Is your friend with BT also?

I know there was an update to the NowTV app on my Roku at the end of the week (I don't know what the update included) so it's possible the latest app update has broken something.