cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to cancel Vodafone Entertainment Pass

I have a 6 month Entertainment pass from Vodafone, due to expire next week. I'm receiving messages from Vodafone that I will be charged £7.99 if I don't cancel and to go to my account on nowtv.com to cancel it. 

I log into my account and can see the Entertainment pass - but no option to cancel. 

I contact the Nowtv live chat service - where the agent tells me I have to contact Vodafone as she can't see any passes on my account. 

I contact Vodafone - they tell me I have to contact Now TV. 

I try to send a message to Now Tv online and receive an error message "there was a service error. Please contact us by Live Chat". Obviously no point in me doing that agin.  

Please can someone advise how I do this - I do not intend to be charged £7.99. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This NowTV help guide explains how to cancel your Vodafone pass which also includes some contact details.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/vodafone-4g-entertainment-pass-offer

Not familiar with the Vodafone promo deal, so i can't offer any advice, apart from double check that your playback devices username matches the details that you logged into My Account on the NowTV website.

Hopefully the Vodafone number on the linked above page will get you to a Vodafone member of staff who can cancel your entertainment pass on your behalf.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

This NowTV help guide explains how to cancel your Vodafone pass which also includes some contact details.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/vodafone-4g-entertainment-pass-offer

Not familiar with the Vodafone promo deal, so i can't offer any advice, apart from double check that your playback devices username matches the details that you logged into My Account on the NowTV website.

Hopefully the Vodafone number on the linked above page will get you to a Vodafone member of staff who can cancel your entertainment pass on your behalf.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schnapps! You saved me from a very frustrating circle of confusion! 

This is also an update for for anyone else in this position ( I see a few on the forum!) 

"if your entertainment pass hasn't expired yet - you’ll need to contact Vodafone directly by dialling 191 from your handset or calling 08080 034 515"

They have a dedicated Entertainment Pass team that you'll be transferred to - They cancelled my subscription straight away, giving me a reference number for the phone call & sent me a text confirmation. 

Pity all of the information I'd recieved prior to that was very confusing, including Vodafone themselves who told me I had to contact Nowtv. 

Hope this helps others! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I found this other thread on the forum about cancelling the Vodafone entertainment pass which contradicts the help guide article that i posted above.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/How-do-I-cancel-now-tv-entertainment-pack-on-vodafone/m-p/400723/highlight/true#M24738

@Anonymous User

Noticed you are on the forum, can you help this member and also clarify on here for future reference,what happens when the Vodafone entertainment pass offer comes to an end (where your help guide suggests that it will auto renew under a NowTV account until you cancel, where the above thread the NowTV Team member said it would automatically stop without auto renewing).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schnapps! Yes...exactly!! Confusion & contradictions from both Vodafone & NowTv in their information! 

After following your first post & calling Vodafone -  I can now see that the Entertainment pass has been removed from my NowTv account. 

Bit of a pity as there was 6 days left! But at least I don't have to pay £7.99 Smiley Wink

Thanks again! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Anonymous User

I found this other thread on the forum about cancelling the Vodafone entertainment pass which contradicts the help guide article that i posted above.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/How-do-I-cancel-now-tv-entertainment-pack-on-vodafone/m-p/400723/highlight/true#M24738

@Anonymous User

Noticed you are on the forum, can you help this member and also clarify on here for future reference,what happens when the Vodafone entertainment pass offer comes to an end (where your help guide suggests that it will auto renew under a NowTV account until you cancel, where the above thread the NowTV Team member said it would automatically stop without auto renewing).

@Karl-F

Noticed you are on the forum can you clarify on here what happens when the Vodafone entertainment pass promo deals finishes ?

Does it automatically stop and it will cancel your entertainment pass after the promo expiry date (suggested in the above linked thread that i found on the forum by one of your NowTV Team member) or will it automatically transfer to your nowtv account and renew each month until you cancel like mentioned in your help guide article ?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm going to try my best to get this clarified for you guys. 

Is it a new offer with vodafone or an existing one when taking up a contract with them? 

Thanks

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F

I am not personally looking at any new Vodafone NowTV offer myself or am i an existing Vodafone customer on the NowTV entertainment promo offer.

Where @Anonymous User was an existing Vodafone customer on the NowTV entertainment offer who eventually managed to cancel the entertainment pass after some wasted time spent between Vodafone and your live chat.

All i am asking for is clarification from NowTV, where your help guide article differs from the thread that i found on the forum where your NowTV employee states the total opposite on what happens when the Vodafone promo offer comes to end.

Your clarification will help other members who come across this thread in the future, together with us Super Posters not given Vodafone customers coming to the end of their promo deal the wrong advice.

Thanks 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

I've had a look at this article here 

Is this the offer you were on @Anonymous User 

It does sound like if you're taking up the full offer period then you should be able to go through to your NOW TV account and cancel the pass. 

Are you able to confirm that this is the offer you are on if not I'll have to do some more digging to find out what the offer is. 

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@karlf
Thanks!
That looks like it could be the offer I was on..
It was ..sign up to a Vodafone Red Contract & receive 6 months free NowTv entertainment pass
I definitely couldn't cancel it via my nowtv account, nor could your customer service team.