cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ugly Betty Episodes In Wrong Order

Hi there, 

My Girlfriend (not me, I promise!) is watching the First Series of Ugly Betty using a recently purchased entertainment pass.

Unfortunately, although each episode's description seems right, the episode that is shown when played is a completely random one (often from much later on).

Is this a problem with the box or how the programmes have been uploaded on NOW tv's side?

Thanks a lot,

Toby.

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just checked on my NowTV black box and i have 4 seasons with a total of 85 episodes, they look in order to me.

How many seasons is your device showing and have you got 85 episodes ?

Edit - Sorry didn't read your post properly, not sure to be honest without knowing the show sequence order.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

I have the same box and correct order / amount of episodes, the problem is when they are played they are actually the wrong episode. For example, series 1 episode 10 is not the episode described.

Cheers,

Toby.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah, i know what you are saying, i misunderstood your original post sorry.

Like you said maybe NowTV have filed the shows in the wrong episode order with the incorrect description ?

What normally happens, is that the NowTV team will pick up this post on the forum and will ask their content Engineers to check out and if necessary update. 

Not sure how long it will take though, might be a few days ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Nice one, cheers for getting back to me!

Yes, I'm guessing that's what's happened but wasn't sure how to notify NOW.

Hopefully they'll get on the case soon now then anyway!

Thanks again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

I will get this raised with our content team for them to look at.

I'm not sure if I I buy the story about your girlfriend though .. I bet your a secret Ugly Betty Fan .. Don't worry your secret is safe with @schnapps & myself 🙂

Cheers for raising the issue 🙂

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Brilliant, thanks for the help.

Haha indeed, this doesn't leave the forum!

Toby.

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for flagging this!

We've had our teams look through some episodes, but haven't been able to spot any problems so far...

Would you be able to give us some examples? Is it on any specific device?

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am a secret Ugly Betty fan and I have just started watching series 1. I have noticed that the order in series one is out order. An example is when Betty meets Henry for the first time in Ep 11 Swag, HOWEVER, in the previous episode Ep 10 Fake Plastic Snow, Betty is trying to run away from Henry, after a romatic vision, at the Mode christmas party.  

This cannot certaily be right. I have watched back both episodes to check that i wasnt missing a massive plot but it just doesnt make sence. 

Also, while typing this I have googled a few things and found this. --

In the Philippines, India, Italy, Denmark and Russia, "Swag" aired as the fourth episode, thus making them the only countries so far to air the series in its correct order. Despite being advertised to the contrary, the original version of "Swag" (without the additional scenes) was screened for the episode's Australian premiere on the Seven Network. However, as with the U.S. broadcast, it followed "Fake Plastic Snow", creating continuity problems for viewers.

In Latin America, Sony Entertainment Television aired "Swag" as the 11th episode. The episode included the additional scenes. In Brazil, SBT aired "Swag" as the 11th episode. The episode not included the additional scenes.

When the episode went to syndication in the United States, the flashback scenes were included, as it follows the US episode chronology rather than in its original order. However when it's on Xtreampix, it only starts in the past with the deleted scene included.

Thoughts?

Stuart

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting us know.

This was "fixed" back in May after the earlier reports in this thread. ABC amended the running order and placed the Swag episode in at episode 4, which makes more sense in the story.

However, it looks like that change has reverted recently. We're sorry for the inconvenience, and are already in touch with ABC to get it changed back again.

From your information below, it definitely seems like there's been some confusion across the board!

Thanks,

Jason