cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UKTV Play app

UKTV Play on-demand app would be more than welcomed to enable us to catch up on TV from all of the UKTV channels (Dave, Yesterday, Really and Drama).

Webiste: http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had we update from UKTV to say the UKTV play app is launching soon on now tv boxes

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Again, probably sometime  in 2018 as @Anonymous User has confirmed.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993 @Anonymous User

You know something UK

No one, absolutely no one, is more frustrated than I am that we have to continually wait for the UKTV Play app to be introduced to Now TV but like "all good things" we STILL have to wait.  

And annoying the forum moderators and other forum members will not get you anywhere, so rein yourself in, grit your teeth and be COOL until they announce when the app is going to be made available.

You know something else, chances are that the app will be buggy when it is eventually released, and will probably remain that way for the first 3 months.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User UK TV (presumably the app) is coming to Now. Personally I would like to see the premium UK TV channels added to the Now Entertainment pass but I doubt that will happen.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes inclusion of UK TV channels would be great, but the purpose of UK TV Play app (yes your inference was correct) is to provide the ‘on demand’ element. UK TV channels are available on free view etc. So no need to include uk tv in now tv app AND provide UKTV Play app. Hope that made sense... and didn’t sound too argumentative. Thanks.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again H2F

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that there is no need for a separate UKTV app because the "on demand" elements can be incorporated within the Now TV app.

First, I don't believe UK TV itself would agree to your idea, simply because they're the ones who will have to write the app and, like the All4, ITV, iPlayer apps, etc., they would want to have control over how their channels are displayed and consumed. Control they would not have if their "on demand" channels were under the control of someone else.

Second, it is more than likely that UKTV Play will be the template that the UKTV app will be based on, it is unlikely that UK TV will deviate from that policy or divide the forthcoming app into it's component parts in order to hand over it's "on demand" channels to Now TV.

However, my points are purely speculative but are based on how the current big apps and their sponsors work.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It might be months away yet. I do not know its up to UKTV.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Great @Anonymous User make sure you post the moment it appears so folk don't miss it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There haven't got a date just yet when the UKTV play app is coming to now tv boxes but it might not be far away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The UKTV play app is likely going to be launching early in the new year on now tv boxes so it's not long UKTV team has said to me.