cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UKTV Play app

UKTV Play on-demand app would be more than welcomed to enable us to catch up on TV from all of the UKTV channels (Dave, Yesterday, Really and Drama).

Webiste: http://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had we update from UKTV to say the UKTV play app is launching soon on now tv boxes

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its NOT available on the version 1 boxes... I have a white version 1 and a black version 2. It aint available for the v1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I am using a white box. Time to upgrade maybe? 🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The v2 box well worth upgrading to... its a lot faster and I kept getting wifi drop out problems with the v1 box. Had no such troubles with the v2 box... so yeah time to turn to the DARK SIDE go for the black v2 box. There are some good deals on eBay or Amazon.

Good luck
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you haven't upgraded yet, Argos has a black Friday deal on the 2nd Gen Smart Box with 4k and voice control for only £24.99 instead of £49.99!

Link here: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8661221

Legend 5
Legend 5

That's good news.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to ALL who contributed to this thread especially the folks at UKTV and NOW TV for bringing us UKTV PLAY app. It works beautifully.

My only adverse comment concerns the number of programmes that the app displays on front pages for each channel.... rather limited... but the A-Z works well.

THANKS
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Most of these apps are not as good as the earlier version of iPlayer... it had best interface and programmes were easier to find... latest apps ALL seem to be rather stunted in what they appear to deliver and how to navigate around them.

The NOW TV version of UKTV PLAY is the BEST I have seen thus far... it’s painful on my Android device. So the wait was worthwhile.
Geluk
Expert 2

Hope they soon add on Samsung tv application too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anybody else's not working since Thursday? I can't even get stuff that I watched on Thursday to work now on a NowTV smart box.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Working for me on Smart Box. A thing particular you are trying to play, or everything affected? What happens when you try to play?