cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Twin Peaks season 3 catchup

Will Twin Peaks Season 3 episodes be available on catchup after the initial broadcast, or do we have to wait until the rebroadcast on Tuesday nights? Going to be really hard to avoid spoilers if not..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ye, it will be available on catch-up, and if you really dedicated Sky Atlantic are also doing a simulcast of the season opener at 2am Monday morning.

View solution in original post

70 REPLIES 70
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, so Sky Atlantic = NOW TV?

And what about the matter of needing TV licence? Please could l get a comprehensive point by point answer, as l did read your post first, and still am confused.

That's why l originally made my post a separate thread.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yep, you need a TV licence to view any 'live' UK distributed media (except radio) which is broadcast or streamed...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Confusing because this article seems to say otherwise:

https://www.thinkmoney.co.uk/news-advice/do-i-need-a-tv-licence-to-watch-netflix-and-now-tv-0-8218-0...

Therefore l humbly request that my specific questions are answered e.g. is NOW TV's airing of Twin Peaks = live TV and is NOW TV = Sky Atlantic?

Otherwise we'll just be beating around the bush and telling each other to "see my last reply". I don't wish for this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just spoken with live help, here is what they say:

Rohit: Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to Rohit. How can I help?

Me: hi there, do i need a tv licence in the UK to watch NOW TV Entertainment?

Me: I want to watch Twin Peaks Season 3

Rohit: You’ll need a TV licence if you watch any of the live channels on your NOW TV Passes, on any device.

You’ll also need a TV licence if you use your NOW TV Box to watch BBC iPlayer (live programmes, on demand or catch up).

Me: is NOW TV Entertainment a Live channel?

Rohit: Yes its a Live channel with catch up and box sets facilities.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Twin Peaks will be 'live' streamed every Monday at 21:00 via the Sky Atlantic channel. And it will also be available via NOW TV's catch-up service.

How you want to watch it is up-to you. However, because the NOW TV playback devices offer the capability of receiving 'live' streamed content, they do fall into the category of requiring a TV licence!

You must do what your conscious allows. It's your decision...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Twin Peaks will be 'live' streamed every Monday at 21:00 via the Sky Atlantic channel. And it will also be available via NOW TV's catch-up service.

How you want to watch it is up-to you. However, because the NOW TV playback devices offer the capability of receiving 'live' streamed content, they do fall into the category of requiring a TV licence!

You must do what your conscious allows. It's your decision...

Just to confirm what @SeeMoreDigital has said

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/easy-read/why-you-need-a-tv-licence-ea25

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The "truth is in here" but it does sound as if it's got mixed in with some ambiguous statements.

@Anonymous User wrote:

And what about the matter of needing TV licence? Please could l get a comprehensive point by point answer, as l did read your post first, and still am confused.

NOW TV gives you two ways of watching Twins Peaks:

1. A live broadcast of the Sky Atlantic, just as if you were watching it live on Sky TV, 

2. A catch-up episode that you can watch at a time to suit.

Put simply, in terms of Twin Peaks, if you don't have a TV licence then you are absolutely fine to watch the episodes when they are added as catch-up (which for episode 1/2 should hopefully be around 9pm) however you can't watch the episode on the live Sky Atlantic channel unless you have a TV licence (which includes the special showing at 2am).

And in more general terms if you don't have a TV licence you CAN watch any of the boxsets and any of the catch-up episodes on NOW TV app, but you can't watch any of the live channels on the NOW TV app.

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, so Sky Atlantic = NOW TV?

The NOW TV Entertainment Pass allows you to watch content from Sky Atlantic and a number of other channels such as Sky One, Fox etc. So rather than Sky Atlantic = NOW TV it's more 'NOW TV is one way of watching Sky Atlantic'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

does anyone know whether the pilot premieres at 2am or 3am tonight? Some news-sites say 2am (telegraph and NME for instance), SKY ATL says from 3 am. 

Thanks, G

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can watch it on the live Sky Atlantic channel at 2am

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we record it? How do you record programmes anyway?