cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

Hi, I'm a new customer who signed up in February to finally watch The Walking Dead from the very beginning, having been badgered by several friends for a long time to do so. And mightily impressive it is. Having joyfully binged my way through the first six seasons I started watching the seventh, watching episode 3 yesterday.

Today however I discovered that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are no longer available. These episodes did not carry an expiry date nor the usual 30-day countdown, and I've seen no warning of their removal. Having come so far watching the show I'm pretty gutted, and I've noticed several people on Twitter voicing the same concern. 

Is this standard practice? I really don't want to wait for the Blu-Ray to be released, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

SE.

101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

The explanation was given @Anonymous User, NOW TV said they made a mistake with the early episodes,"they were removed because we had too".

And given that you think I'm at "the behest" of NOW TV, I will apologise on their behalf.... Sorry about the mix-up @Anonymous User

@SeeMoreDigital I could barely read that post from @Anonymous User, but I don't think there was any admission of making a mistake.

Thanks for the apology.  Can you issue a refund?

Any news on the refund?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's happened again with Twin Peaks.  

Advertise Walking Dead and Twin Peaks and then pull them.  Joke. Not!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A current Now TV offer - The Walking Dead Season 1-7.  As if.

2017-05-30 (1).png

http://www.nowtv.com/promo/roku3mth?referrer=roku&DCMP=erd_March23_NowTV_rokubannerad__38

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

2017-05-30 (1).png

http://www.nowtv.com/promo/roku3mth?referrer=roku&DCMP=erd_March23_NowTV_rokubannerad__38

This deceptive advertising is still in place.  Anyone would believe you could watch The Walking Dead on Now TV.  The fools!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

2017-05-30 (1).png

This deceptive advertising is still in place.  Anyone would believe you could watch The Walking Dead on Now TV.  The fools!

Still there - Like a broken clock eventually it will be correct.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

If anyone's interested, The Walking Dead season 1-7 boxsets are now available on NOW TV to watch until 21st November.

The new Season 8 starts on 23rd October.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's happened again with Twin Peaks.  

Twin Peaks and Twin Peaks: The Return are available.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@stammie1609 wrote:

... are any Now TV staff on these forums going to offer or tell me a way to get compensation for the last month of spoilt viewing that I paid £34 for?

No.  Neither do I expect a refund for them removing The Walking Dead with zero notice.  It won't happen.

Firstly, I would be suprised if "The Walking Dead" was removed with zero notice (i might be wrong though).

NowTV will usually mention next to each episode when the show is leaving and the expiry dates are also indicated underneath the My TV Continue Watching section of the App.

However, i do feel sympathy for new customers who join nowtv halfway through a season who are caught out (which happens alot unfortunately) due to that they don't understand how the Catch Up service works.

Or they join NowTV close to when the season Boxsets are either coming to the end of the agreement date with the studios or they have just missed these leaving dates.

I am not sure what the answer would be, apart from agreeing with the studios to have boxsets left full time and get rid of the catchup service on NowTV (I would guess this would be an astronomical amount of money involved and our subscription fees would "sky rocket" which nobody including myself wants).

This random freezing of the Sports broadcasts is totally different in my opinion, where NowTV are offering a sub standard service where the PQ is not "fit for purpose" when you take into account the prices that NowTV are charging for these Sports passes.

I am in the camp, where i believe customers who are encountering these picture issues (bearing in mind this has been happening for months and not a few days which doesn't help matters) where they should be offered some sort of compensation /refund or at least a gesture of goodwill on NowTV part.

I fully appreciate others on here will have different thoughts on this matter (which rightly they are entitlement too give or pursue).

Just my two pennies worth, which will go ignored Smiley Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

To everyone concerned...

This is the 'Sports' area of the forum. Can you please keep your posts 'on topic'? 

Many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

To everyone concerned...

This is the 'Sports' area of the forum. Can you please keep your posts 'on topic'? 

Many thanks

It is on topic.  It is a reply about lack of compensation for not providing what is expected.