cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

Hi, I'm a new customer who signed up in February to finally watch The Walking Dead from the very beginning, having been badgered by several friends for a long time to do so. And mightily impressive it is. Having joyfully binged my way through the first six seasons I started watching the seventh, watching episode 3 yesterday.

Today however I discovered that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are no longer available. These episodes did not carry an expiry date nor the usual 30-day countdown, and I've seen no warning of their removal. Having come so far watching the show I'm pretty gutted, and I've noticed several people on Twitter voicing the same concern. 

Is this standard practice? I really don't want to wait for the Blu-Ray to be released, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

SE.

101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:
 No warning. Shocking behaviour Now TV. There's no excuse for this. Sort it out please.

No warnings, No explanation, No reasons.  Don't hold your breath waiting for them to return.  Last time it was a six month wait and I reckon they only put them back to promote the second half of season 7.   Little wonder people use .

Why was the word KODl removed from this message? Quick enough to change that but not quick enough to provide an answer or any sort of apology on why THE WALKING DEAD was removed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jason-C wrote:

For Entertainment content, we put an expiry date on each episode, when it's within 30 days of leaving.

Could you then please explain why this did not happen for the first eight episodes of Season 7 of The Walking Dead, which were removed on the 3rd of April? There was no warning of their removal nor the usual 30-day countdown, in fact these episodes carried no expiry date at all. I did start a post on this subject that ran to nearly 50 replies with no official response. I and many others were still catching up with these episodes only for them to unceremoniously disappear, and I for one would be grateful for at least an explanation, thank you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The reason there was no countdown is becuase we left the episodes on our service for longer than we're suppose to. We have an agreement in place to air episodes for 30 days and no longer as part of the Cacth-up TV service  however we were able to get the first half and second half of season 7 on our platform for longer than the 30 days due to popular demand and the episodes were available for over 60 days on some episodes and they were removed because we had too. The 2nd half of season 7 will also end on the 3rd May there may not be a date on those either due to the same as before the episodes are past there normal 30 days and so are in a way on borrowed time. The full season will be back later in the year as part of the Boxsets before season 8 starts Smiley Happy

Thanks

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

The reason there was no countdown is becuase we left the episodes on our service for longer than we're suppose to. We have an agreement in place to air episodes for 30 days and no longer as part of the Cacth-up TV service  however we were able to get the first half and second half of season 7 on our platform for longer than the 30 days due to popular demand and the episodes were available for over 60 days on some episodes and they were removed because we had too. The 2nd half of season 7 will also end on the 3rd May there may not be a date on those either due to the same as before the episodes are past there normal 30 days and so are in a way on borrowed time. The full season will be back later in the year as part of the Boxsets before season 8 starts Smiley Happy

Thanks

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

I can barely understand that response.

To address the main point though, the episodes were not left on longer because it was the same on Virgin. The episodes went off both on the same day.  There was no countdown on Virgin because they never have one, and there was no countdown on Now.  Also first half season 7 was not catch up, it was a box set and was on the unofficial  Artesea web page with an expiry date way into next year.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User not sure of the relevance of agreements​ between Virgin and program producers? They may be different to those Sky or Now have with the same people.  Of course they may be offered the same.  Ultimately it is down to the product owner to decide if they wish to allow longer access. I suspect that the two months break influenced their decision.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:

@Anonymous User not sure of the relevance of agreements​ between Virgin and program producers? They may be different to those Sky or Now have with the same people.  Of course they may be offered the same.  Ultimately it is down to the product owner to decide if they wish to allow longer access. I suspect that the two months break influenced their decision.

Relevant because they start/drop the box sets on same day.  The explanation that Now had them on longer than they were supposed to isn't true because by that logic so did Virgin.  And most likely Sky as well; but I can't accesss their box sets so can't be certain.

Ultimately the explanation is still inadequate because there was no countdown nor any indication of the expiry date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

Hi Eddie, and thank you for your response. While I now understand that the episodes were on the service longer than they were supposed to be, that really does not account for the lack of an expiry date or the total lack of warning of their removal. I was lucky in that I was able to obtain the missing episodes via my Xbox, but I feel for those who were unable to view them by other means.

On a more positive note, I was (finally!) able to watch nearly 100 episodes of a fantastic TV show for the cost of buying a movie on Blu-Ray. So, I  thank Now TV for the opportunity. 😊

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I happened to get NowTV for free with my phone contract however things I'd like to watch which are advertised are usually only on for a few days! What it the point in even advertising these shows? Where as naff programmes which no one has ever heard of are on here for an eternity and never advertised (Bobs Burgers for example). I came online hoping to watch the first half of season 7 of the walking dead as I missed out on the last few when they were last online but there is only half a season online! No wonder many people turn to dodgey boxes because they cant even access a show when they are paying for a service which is supposed to show it. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Unless otherwise stated, the catch-up episodes from the newest seasons for most 'Entertainment' series usually remain on the NOW TV service for around 30 days after their UK 'live' broadcast/streamed transmission date (much like they do with BBC iPlayer).

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User if you subscribe to the thread on boxsets you can keep up to date with when shows are going it is updated most days. If you need me to post link let me know 🙂

@4268 No mention of The Walking Dead Season 7 episodes 1-8 on that thread.