cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

Hi, I'm a new customer who signed up in February to finally watch The Walking Dead from the very beginning, having been badgered by several friends for a long time to do so. And mightily impressive it is. Having joyfully binged my way through the first six seasons I started watching the seventh, watching episode 3 yesterday.

Today however I discovered that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are no longer available. These episodes did not carry an expiry date nor the usual 30-day countdown, and I've seen no warning of their removal. Having come so far watching the show I'm pretty gutted, and I've noticed several people on Twitter voicing the same concern. 

Is this standard practice? I really don't want to wait for the Blu-Ray to be released, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

SE.

101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As the thread starter I'm sorry to see so many others have suffered the same problem. I also tweeted @nowtvhelp but have received no reply. I may resort to buying my missing five episodes individually on Xbox for £2.49 each, then watch the last eight. I only had a three-month subscription to Now TV to watch the show, but when that expires I may well be finding an alternate method of watching season 8. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm in the same boat as well and am fuming, was on episode 7 of season 7... there was an expiry  date which said the 3rd may.....unless I'm mistaken we are still in April! I will be cancelling this sub, as someone else said why bother committing to watching a show if now tv can just delete it at any time, waste of time subscription.

I agree.  However there was NO expiry date at all on episodes 1-8.  Had I known they were going to get pulled I could have watched them as like you I was on episode 7 with no apparent rush to watch that and episode 8 before watching the second half up to 3 May.  Buying episode 7 and episode 8 off google play so at least I can watch second half.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

all the s 1 2 3 4 5 6  got deleted i only brought this nowtv to watch them lol where do i go now?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...where do i go now?

As mentioned by @Anonymous User, "They will be available again in a few months" .

If you can't wait, you may be interested to know that Amazon Video is currently offering seasons 1 to 5 to their 'Prime' subscribers. Season 6 in SD costs £23.99. And season 7 in SD costs £24.99.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

If you can't wait, you may be interested to know that Amazon Video is currently offering seasons 1 to 5 to their 'Prime' subscribers. Season 6 in SD costs £23.99. And season 7 in SD costs £24.99.

Season 6 is now included in prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

all the s 1 2 3 4 5 6  got deleted i only brought this nowtv to watch them lol where do i go now?

All available on Amazon Prime.  £80/annum or £8/month.  Of course if you can dedicate a month to it you could watch them all on the 30 day trial for nowt.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also fuming. Got as far as 2 episodes in to season 7 and then the first 8 vanish. No warning. Shocking behaviour Now TV. There's no excuse for this. Sort it out please.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
 No warning. Shocking behaviour Now TV. There's no excuse for this. Sort it out please.

No warnings, No explanation, No reasons.  Don't hold your breath waiting for them to return.  Last time it was a six month wait and I reckon they only put them back to promote the second half of season 7.   Little wonder people use .

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Unless otherwise stated, the catch-up episodes from the newest season for most 'Entertainment' series usually remain on the NOW TV service for around 30 days after their UK 'live' broadcast/streamed transmission date (much like they do with BBC iPlayer).

Episodes from the newest season could re-appear at some time on the NOW TV service, either as 'live' streams and/or as 'catch-up' streams or as a 'box set' but only if a new agreement deal is negotiated with the contents copyright holders. Or before the next new series begins - if there is one...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Unless otherwise stated, the catch-up episodes from the newest season for most 'Entertainment' series usually remain on the NOW TV service for around 30 days after their UK 'live' broadcast/streamed transmission date (much like they do with BBC iPlayer).

Episodes from the newest season could re-appear at some time on the NOW TV service, either as 'live' streams and/or as 'catch-up' streams or as a 'box set' but only if a new agreement deal is negotiated with the contents copyright holders. Or before the next new series begins - if there is one...

@SeeMoreDigital  This was NOT catch up.  This was a box set ON DEMAND.  It was NOT in the catch up section.   There was NO expiry date stated unlike there was for seasons 1-6 which I binge watched.   Season 7 was broadcast back at the end of 2016 on FOX, so how can it be "catch-up"?  The so called 30 days is a figment of your imagination in this case.  The BBC tell you how long you have got to watch.  NOW TV did not.

What  does a  "new agreement deal is negotiated with the contents copyright holders" have to do with it?  I do not know anything of these "negotiations".  What sort of explanation is that?  All I knew was Now TV had NO expiry date,  so I thought they would be there this weekend.

You state you "don't work for Now TV" so how can you know what has happened?  You state these things as facts but you are not correctly differentiating between catch up and on demand.    I know you are trying to be helpful, and I understand where you are coming from, but why won't someone from NOW TV provide an explanation?

I would cancel this stupid entertainment pass that isn't giving me THE WALKING DEAD episodes (just 7 & 😎 I fully expected to watch this weekend, but it just renewed.  And I get this message "We could not load your details, please refresh the page or contact customer support at http://help.nowtv.com."  

Feeling TOTALLY ripped off.