cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Walking Dead Season 7, first half has disappeared without warning...

Hi, I'm a new customer who signed up in February to finally watch The Walking Dead from the very beginning, having been badgered by several friends for a long time to do so. And mightily impressive it is. Having joyfully binged my way through the first six seasons I started watching the seventh, watching episode 3 yesterday.

Today however I discovered that the first eight episodes of Season 7 are no longer available. These episodes did not carry an expiry date nor the usual 30-day countdown, and I've seen no warning of their removal. Having come so far watching the show I'm pretty gutted, and I've noticed several people on Twitter voicing the same concern. 

Is this standard practice? I really don't want to wait for the Blu-Ray to be released, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

SE.

101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly what has happened to us. Watched 2-3 episodes of series 6 a night to make sure we saw them all. Start watching series 7 and out of the blue it is taken off. I can only assume this is a glitch as a company like this surley would not treat their paying customers like this. However if it is not a glitch we will be cancelling without a doubt. Please respond. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am devastated this has happened, i only started a subscription with NOWtv to watch the new season of Walking Dead. I hope they put the new season back on or i will be cancelling my subscription as well 

Legend 5
Legend 5

The episodes expired. They were on catch up. Current seasons​ of shows are always available for limited availability only. It is likely that it will be back in a few months.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:

The episodes expired. They were on catch up. Current seasons​ of shows are always available for limited availability only. It is likely that it will be back in a few months.

I think we all understand that, the point was there was no expiry date given for those episodes nor was there any warning they were going to be removed. While I'm obviously grateful I was able to watch the first six seasons, I and several others here had only just started watching the seventh. We had no idea episodes of the current season were going to be removed. It's very disappointing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:

@4268 They were actually on demand as the first half of season 7 was shown on FOX many months ago.   This makes the lack of end dates even more annoying. There were end dates shown for the first six seasons, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect them not to be there today, but no dates were shown for season 7.  I am used to the 30 days post end of series seeing shows disappearing, but not this.  It’s not like it is some obscure programme that is watched by a few people, this is a marquee show that people subscribe to NOW TV for.   In fact, being pedantic, season 7 is the current season and episodes 9-16 are still there until 3rd May.

Still no amount of grumbling will bring them back in the next few days, so I will just watch them on google play.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat.  Just binge watched season 6 due to the expiry date, now I'm two episodes into season 7 and BOOM!  it disappears!  It's the only reason I subscribed to Now TV in the first place.  I've tweeted @NowTV and @NowTVHelp but had no response so far...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is this normal for Now TV to remove episodes without any notice?

Yes.  They have introduced an expiry warning but it isn't on all shows.  It should be on the main shows like Walking Dead,  but seems like this one wasn't noted.   This http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/@ is by and large the best advice on when shows expire, but in this case it just has a default future date that wasn't the real expiry date.  Not a critiscism of @Anonymous User and his marvellous web page which has the disclaimer Available until dates are subject to change at a moment notice.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got off Chat with a Now TV staff, the person said "wait for the episodes to reappear again". I explained, unlike other videos that would expire, there was no expiry date associated with those episodes. I was then told "in the T&C, Now TV can remove contents without notice". I said " I am closing my account as soon as my pass expires".

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just got off Chat with a Now TV staff, the person said "wait for the episodes to reappear again". I explained, unlike other videos that would expire, there was no expiry date associated with those episodes. I was then told "in the T&C, Now TV can remove contents without notice". I said " I am closing my account as soon as my pass expires".

As for waiting, given I am on the 7th episode of season 7 (even watched the prelude) any waiting would probably mean the episodes 9-16 would be gone by the time the first 8 return.   At least the last time I waited, seasons 1-5 were on Amazon Prime. And now season 6 is there as well.  

If Now TV can remove anything at anytime without any notice why bother with box sets at all?  It could be removed in the midst of watching the show!    Amazon sent me an email when they were discontinuing the US office, Now do sweet f@nny adams.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Wait at least six months.  

I tried to cancel, but....

We could not load your details, please refresh the page or contact customer support at http://help.nowtv.com.

The thing is I am logged in on a PC and everything works except the CANCELLATION!!!!!