cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Strain - Season 3

Hi,
I've just watched the first 2 seasons of The Strain and was wandering when Season 3 would be added to Now TV?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I must admit I've really enjoyed this series and was quite suprised that the 'W' channel (formally the 'Watch' channel) nabbed it over here in the UK, especially as it's distributed by 20th Television...

Anyway, given that the fourth and final season of The Strain is scheduled for broadcast (in the USA) around Jul/Aug 2017, I suspect NOW TV could show season 3 a month or two before this.

Cheers

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You're a star thanks for finding that out, if you can also put in a good word to make sure we get S4 next year that would be much appreciated! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy As for recommendations I don't know really, I imagine you've already watched loads more stuff than me if you are binge watching through the night. Stargate SG1 is a good show but you may have watched that already back in the day? I'm in a current on-off relationship with the original Twin Peaks at the mo (not really capturing my interest but it's so iconic I feel I ought to keep ploughing through). The Expanse on Netflix was very enjoyable.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Cheers Andy.

As for twin peaks, I didn't like the very notion of it the first time it came to TV in the UK, I understand that there were some scenes in it that were so horrific they were banned.

That said, I'll keep plugging away until I find something.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps @Andy

Hi Nadine

I would just like to say that I stand shoulder to shoulder with Schnapps and Andy in asking for Now TV to get the rights for The Strain season 4 which, along with season 3, will complete a thoroughly enjoyable series of shows. 

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Andy 

Is it true what i have heard that "The Strain" season 4 is the last in the series Smiley Sad

Hopefully, the show will go out on top with a bang, there are so many shows that i have watched over the years that dragged on past it's sell by date where the show writers just run out of ideas and every episode just got repetitive Smiley Sad 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Is it true what i have heard that "The Strain" season 4 is the last in the series Smiley Sad

@schnapps Yep 'fraid so!

https://youtu.be/X7x1dm-BfmE

Like you say tho it's good when shows get to go out on their own initiative rather than being endlessly renewed or worse cancelled without a proper resolution (oh I hate it when you rally get into a show and it's whipped from under your very nose!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was recently announced that W would not be showng the 4th and final season of The Strain in the UK....... would there then be any chance that Sky Box Sets / Now TV could do a deal to get Season 4 of the Strain...... hence we could get Season 3 and 4 at the same time????

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It was recently announced that W would not be showng the 4th and final season of The Strain in the UK....... would there then be any chance that Sky Box Sets / Now TV could do a deal to get Season 4 of the Strain...... hence we could get Season 3 and 4 at the same time????

@Anonymous User

That's a shame about season 4 if true, i have already watched Season 3 of "The Strain" months ago when first aired on the W channel with my BT TV subscription (a fantastic show and season 3 is just has good as the previous two seasons imo).

I agree like you, if NowTV could "pull out all the stops" and try to get the rights for the UK for Season 4 together with the third season deal that they already have got in place then that would be great news for fans that enjoy this TV show.

I was a big "The Walking Dead" fan, but personally now i much prefer "The Strain" a much more enjoyable TV series Smiley Happy 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Like you I've been watching The Strain on W via BT TV, so was a bit ahead of when Now TV would be showing it and it has been a great show.... so a bit sad to see that season 4 was going to be the last and even more surprised when W decided to drop it with only one season to go!!

I can't remember exactly where I was reading it (TvWise, Geektown, A516digital... one of those websites), but apparently it might be a new 'policy' with UKTV and their US imports (i.e. dropping them!!!) as it seems to be the same that happened with Dave dropping 'Suits' season 7.  If you watch a US show on UKTV channel, keep your fingers crossed for it keeping coming back!!!

Hopefully Now TV / Sky can get a deal done and they can bring their customers season 4 as well as season 3.... if not at the same time, fairly soon after.

I still like 'The Walking Dead' as much as 'The Strain'....... but if you're looking for a replacement look out for 'Blood Drive' on SYFY that starts on 10th August..... it looks bonkers, but I for one will give it a try (SYFY obviously works for your BT TV, but I think I can get away with mentioning it in this forum as SYFY will be on Now TV in the near future).

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anyone still wanting to watch The Strain S3, you'll be glad to know it's now available on NOW TV.