cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Hi,

Anybody know what's happened to The Daily Show? Have Now cancelled it again?

11 REPLIES 11
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What channel is it normally on. And at what time?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It's normally on Comedy Central. Not sure what time (I never watch it live, just stream episodes as and when)

Cheers,

D

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's normally on Comedy Central. Not sure what time (I never watch it live, just stream episodes as and when)

Okay... Have you checked to see if the programme is still scheduled on Comedy Central's UK web site? If it's not, then you have your answer and know where to look for future reference 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated 🙂

It still seems to be listed on the Comedy Central UK website but recent episodes don't seem to have been added to NowTV's Entertaiment Pass. I'm pretty sure this happened before and it was because Now had decided to stop showing it in favour of more sitcomy-type programming. Was wondering if that was the case here (hope not!).

Cheers,
D

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Did it happen again? I cant seem to find new episodes at all! Does somebody know anything?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. @Anonymous User is right.

Unfortunately due to a change in how we're getting the content, the show has two options at the moment.

The up to date episodes can be found here.

Thanks 

Rob

NOW TV Team 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The link supplied by Rob of the Now TV team is dead.

It leads to a page, but the page displays zero episodes.

I have seen that there are a couple of weeks' worth of episodes which aren't available via Now TV, but are available via iTunes.

So we're back to the original question: has Now TV stopped streaming The Daily Show?

Thanks, 

SImon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this thread is from a while ago, but I was wondering the same thing, so ended up here. This year, it seems to be getting harder and harder to watch any satire or political commentary on Now TV. It is starting to look as if they are reluctant to let the UK see this stuff. I have to seek it out on YouTube.

while I'm here, does anyone know if anything similar is on the cards for the UK? Satire and decent political journalism seems to have disappeared from our Murdoch and government controlled media. Funny, that. Or not.

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

The latest episode of The Daily Show is available here, Episode 90 from 7 April, featuring Michelle Rodriguez as a guest. They're available as Catch-Up, so will expire after 30 days of the broadcast date.

My understanding is there have been no new regular episodes since then. Episode 91 should be available on 19 April.

We also have some other US shows available, such as HBO's brilliant Last Week Tonight... or Real Time with Bill Maher.

As for UK, I've got to admit I'm not sure what's on the horizon! My personal view is that attempts to replicate the States' success in this regard have always struggled to gain much momentum over here - eg. Channel 4's 10 O'Clock Live from a few years back. Any other forum-goers have any suggestions?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jason

NOW TV Team