cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Americans missing episode

Hi - i'm enjoying the chance to re-watch ITV Encore's 'The Americans' on catch-up before we finally get season three next month. However, last night's episode (S1, ep 7) hasn't appeared. I've checked on both PC and Roku. Anyone know where it is?

157 REPLIES 157
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

I can get this looked into for you. But it appears that we won't have this on the service. 

I'll double check though. 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, please do. Seems odd that the first six episodes of a season would appear daily on catch-up but not the last seven. As I mentioned I have (luckily) seen them before, but this is quite annoying nonetheless. Typical ITV, can't get anything right.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any progress on finding out what's going on with this? None of this week's episodes have shown up so far (it's on ITV Encore mon-fri). Season two starts daily showings next week on Encore - will we get that? Or only half of it again? Someone must know - don't keep me hanging!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sad news - we're not going to have the rest of the episodes 😞

Sorry about that.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's very bad service - half a series and no warning of withdrawl, for one of the best current TV series. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I ask why? I know you can't always explain why some things are/are not available, but for half of a season to be shown and then stop suddenly is rather out of the ordinary and surely deserves a bit of explanation. Were episodes 1-6  put on catch-up by accident and should only have been available to stream on Amazon Instant Video? Should they not have been on here at all (like the incident with the first episode of season 5 of Nurse Jackie last year)? Did someone forget to put up episode 7 then thought it wasn't worth putting the rest up? The fact that the episodes that were available  (season 1 eps 1-6) were only viewable for a few days rather than the normal month would indicate that someone had made the effort to arrange to put them on here, they didn't just appear via some automated system that puts Encore shows on here. I'm guessing this is more ITV's fault than NowTV's but i would be interested to know what has happened.

I'm lucky enough to have seen the episodes already, but since you are premiering season three next month (according to your blog) I was really enjoying the chance to get caught up again. And those people who haven't already seen them will be pretty cheesed off i imagine. Man Frustrated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe Birgit-R or Karl-F could address my question above? Or anyone from NowTV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good news, it looks like The Americans has returned with episode 13.

Bad news, all the episodes in between have been skipped (possibly due to the short time they would have been available for).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good spot Artesea. Totally useless now of course, but that's hardly your fault!