cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's all Folks.

Hi everybody and I hope that you're all keeping well and playing nicely with each other. Smiley Wink

Anyway, back on 1st May, I started a thread called "Boxsets...Or lack of them":

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Boxsets-Or-lack-of-them/m-p/425668#M28744

In that I said that the pickings on the entertainment section were a bit thin, well it seems that things have (For me, I have to add) got even worse.  Whilst I am looking forward to "Ray Donovan" returning tonight (Wednesday 16th August) I have realised that I am paying my subscription for "Colony", "Chicago Fire" and "Nashville".....If you add "Ray Donovan" to that, well that makes four shows that I watch on NowTV.  All these shows are shown on a weekly basis and that means that I haven't watched a Boxset in absolutely ages.

I have long had a pet hate for the new "Catch up" section and this week I find that I can watch "Beautiful Scenes", "Premier League Football Grounds" and the usual dross that makes "Catch up" a placeholder for "Viceland".....Not for me, I'm afraid. Smiley Sad

What happened to all the shows that we, maybe, half expected or hoped for, coming over from the USA such as "Battle Creek", what happened to those Aussie boxsets that we got, once of a day such as "Jack Irish" and what happened when Channel 4 can get great European drama for "Walter Presents" (If you want to watch a great, thrilling and well made Cop Show, check out "Dead Beautiful") when NowTV has so little to offer?

I said in the original thread that I couldn't understand not putting "Cold Case" or the back catalogue of "Blue Bloods" up on the Boxset list and I still can't.

Looking at the "Geektown" page for the new shows coming to our screens, I can't see this changing that much, so I have to say that my love affair with NowTV is coming to an end, which is a shame as I have sung it's praises for a long time now.

Many Folk have complained about the pre show advert and I have to say that that has never really bothered me, a 30 second promo for a show without advert breaks is a trade off that I don't like....but accept.  However when Now TV are pushing shows that have been on umpteen times before, it's a bit tedious.

I still have a 6 month entertainment pass which I bought with (yet another) new NowTV box, when they were on offer so that sees me through until the New Year but after that....Well I guess you all know what's coming, so I won't bother. Smiley Embarassed  To be honest, the recent news of a price hike for a service which is nowhere near as good as it was a few years ago, hasn't helped.

I know, I know, this all sounds like yet another rant about the failings of NowTV but it's not....It's more of a lament.  A lament for better times and shows gone by and also to say a fond farewell to all my little "Cyber Buddies" who have made me laugh, helped me out and been great to "talk" to.....Even if it was about Sainsbug's Choccies, Carry on Films or the weather....You know who you are, so....Thanks Guys! Smiley Happy

All the best. 

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Always look forward to reading your posts and chatting to you, and it's sorry to hear you might be leaving the fold. Completely understand where you are coming from and I won't try and change your mind, you know all the little tricks and tips to finding what's on the service, and at the end of the day we all have different tastes and if NOW TV's offering isn't giving you value for money then you have to make the decision that is right for you, there are other streaming services out there, something for everyone!

I hope you keep an eye on the apps to see if there's a rush of new shows that interest you, and check the blog from time to time to see what new shows are coming up, maybe you'll get some use out of that 6 month pass. And if there's nothing tempting you to stay, I hope you might pop in from time to time to say hello, Merry Christmas and all that! We've had some chuckles!

Until we meet again, thanks for the fun and  Carry On!

image.jpeg

PS were you a The Strain fan? If so S3 boxset is coming in a few weeks time, maybe a little good news?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Awwwww, I hate to see you go @Anonymous User. 😞

Enjoy the Sainsbug choccies at Christmas and remember us when you do. 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Lindzi
Elite 2

Ah that's sad news @Anonymous User  Smiley Sad

I have enjoyed our chats and thank you for always reading my rants about Continue Watching. You will missed around here but I do understand your reasoning.

Hopefully, as @Andy  said, you will keep an eye out for upcoming programmes and we'll see you back sometime.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that you are seriously thinking or have decided to cancel your NowTV entertainment pass, where i totally understand where you are coming from.

I am close myself to the tipping point with the NowTV service taking into consideration the prices and content available (just waiting to see if NowTV are going to increase the price or reduce the duration of their Gift Card Vouchers).

IMO Sky's Jewell in their Crown is Game of Thrones, which does attract quite a lot of subscribers (When GOT finishes next year, i bet Sky are praying they get the UK rights to the proposed planned spin off shows and hoping they will have a similar high impact with viewers / fans like GOT).

I appreciate that everybody has different tastes in TV shows and Movies, where at the moment there is not much on the NowTV service that especially appeals to me (maybe the content or subjects provided by the Studios is not my cup of tea or perhaps the quality is not there from the show writers).

I suppose the beauty with NowTV is that you are not tied to a contract and can dip your toes in and out of their service when there is shows or movies that you fancy watching.

Maybe there will be some new TV Shows coming up between now and early next year on the NowTV platform that might change your mind (never say never) Smiley Happy

Hopefully, you will be still contributing on the forum from time to time, where i found your post very informative (particular your TV / Freeview knowledge where i learnt of lot of good advice from you Thanks) which was always helpful to forum members Smiley Happy

Anyway Catch you on the forums or maybe on the trials board ? Smiley Very Happy