cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

SyFy on NOW TV Super Celebration Thread

SyFy is now available on the NOW TV Entertainment Pass!

Now SyFy content has finally arrived on NOW TV I'm so excited I had to create a thread to celebrate all the lovely SyFy-y goodness there is available!

OK admittedly things a bit light on the ground to start with, no live channel yet, but there's still plenty to enjoy while I'm waiting for 5-Headed Shark Attack to come around!

If there are any other forum users happy to have SyFy on NOW TV feel free to share your delight, and if not, then I'll just share my excitement about wonderfully bad scifi movies with myself, it won't be the first time I talk to myself on here! 

Enjoy!

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Added today, Dark Matter S1-3 boxsets.

image.jpeg

One of my Wishlist items, can't wait to catch-up on this 'proper sci-fi' show. Shame it was cancelled on a cliffhanger, so I'll have to make up a suitable ending myself, but this is going straight to the top of my SyFy watching!

Also up Killjoys S1-3 boxsets, supposed to be a fun S I-fI adventure, doesn't take itself too seriously, good chance to catch up on the show before S4 arrives, I'll definitely give it a go and see what I think!

image.jpeg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Hi Andy

You've outdone yourself again, SYFY on Now TV is a real catch.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Variety is the spice of life! I'll be keeping an eye out for 3-Headed Shark Attack!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

If you are thinking of giving Killjoys a go, I would certainly recommend....... I've been watching the first three seasons on BT TV and when it was first trailed it was one of those intriguing looking shows that makes you think, should I watch or not.... and glad that I did as it has been really good.  A show about space bounty hunters with a thread of humour running throughout.

All 30 episodes currently available from the first three seasons, with a 10 episode season four to come in 2018 and a 10 episode fifth and final season in 2019.

Well worth a look for anyone considering it.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Cheers! I think I might actually make a start with that first. I was really looking forward to Dark Matter but I'm already behind with a load of watching so I might save that for when I've got more time and concentration to devote to it. Killjoys looks like a more fun watch where your brain doesn't need to be in top gear to keep up with it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

If you get hooked on Killjoys once you start watching, at least you know it's a show that will come to its natural end (unlike Dark Matter)...... just recently given a two season order to end with season five and the makers getting to end it their way!!!

Currently watching a lot of TV, so adding something from new is a considered choice...... Dark Matter might have been one of those choices as it looked interesting, but knowing it was cancelled between seasons will now probably stop me taking the plunge.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Great to see some of those TV movies that SyFy are so famous for being added to NOW TV - catch them while you can (or read a good book, the choice is yours!)

Currently up Firequake (as usual the poster art bears no resemblance whatsoever to the film, which features a couple of flame throwers and a shaking camera to provide special effects)

image.jpeg

SyFy-iness 5/10 (new energy source to rival the sun going rampant and causing destruction, that's syfy-y all right)
So good it's great 2/10 (it would be if the acting was good, the fire was more than a flame thrower and we actually see some destruction .... but we don't)
So bad it's good 1/10 (it's bad alright, but not in a good way)
Total 8/30

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

image.jpeg

SyFy-iness 7/10 (killer sharks capable of breaking through ice to chomp on a group of unlucky Arctic workers, it's what SyFy was made for )
So good it's great 5/10 (everyone loves killer sharks, and there,s plenty of them here, nice and fast, with plenty of the red stuff on show, the arctic setting lends great scenery and a couple of surprisingly cinematic moments)
So bad it's good 9/10 (OK most of the CGI is ropey especially whenever the sharks break through the ice, but the acting is above par for a SyFy TV movie, the pace is actually good and it's never less than entertaining throughout, it's a hit!)
Total 21/30

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

image.jpeg

SyFy-iness 9/10 (it's a shark ... with three heads!)
So good it's great 10/10 (this is what SyFy was made for. It's a three-headed shark attacking a research centre, naturally a pleasure boat full of scantily clad young people just happens to be passing by, 3x the heads means 3x the fun!)
So bad it's good 10/10 (the CGI is straight out of the mid 90s and the acting is on par with a primary school end of year play, but who cares because those 3 heads have plenty to chew on, and the ludicrous level is ramped up to the max. It's as B-movie as a B-movie gets, but in this case B stands for BRILLIANT!)

Total 29/30 (can SyFy movies get any better than this?)