cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

Hi there,

For several years nowtv have been saying that they will soon be providing subtitles for deaf/hard of hearing viewers. I read recently that this should happen this summer, can you give an update on this please?

Patesy1

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can confirm that our team are working on implementing subtitles however no date has been set for launch as yet.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems to be a great oversight in the launching of NowTV in the first place to not have any subtitles available. Especially for OnDemand viewing, considering I have watched many of these on the Sky channels and the subtitles do exist, they just need to be made accessible via the NowTV app and box?

OTher OnDemand apps have subtitles. Most Netflix content has subtitles. What is the difficulty with this being implemented when other services seem to have no such problem?

It does seem that Sky's attitude to accessibility issues on NowTV isn't high on their list of priorities?!?! This is disappointing for a hard of hearing customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"End of the year" for on demand content according to this blog post

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

Which is earlier than those who use the Sky Go/Q apps.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

If you are still interested in subtitles on NOW TV you might like to know a subtitles trial has just been announced.More details here 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Try-subtitles-on-your-NOW-TV-or-Roku-Box/m-p/414390#U414390

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for the subtitle trial a week or so back (at least I think I did, I submitted the form, but got no acknowledgement, so not completely sure.)

So far nothing new in my Now TV experience - should there be?

thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You won't notice anything yet, if you get chosen for the trial you'll receive an email in the next few weeks with details of what will happen. PS there is no acknowledgement after filling in the form so don't worry about that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy,

That's exactly the information that would have been useful to have received as a response to signing up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much, signed up 👍
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well the subtitle trial is proving chaotic for me.

Received an email 20/1  saying that the required software update would be 'shortly' be available. My box still hasn't got it, in spite of me having submitted a support ticket saying it hadn't downloaded and having received a reply claiming that the issue had been resolved several days ago.

Also, it doesn't seem very sensible to have the instructions on how to test embedded in the survey response, so that you have to start the survey just to find out what to do, then go and do the testing (if you can,) and then start the survey again.

Not impressed.