cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles problems

The subtitles offered by Now TV are incredibly poor. I am not hard of hearing but listen to episodes with subtitles when I need to keep the noise down. Decent subtitles should be a standard feature for a premium content provider but I am frequently shocked at how poor the transcriptions are on this service.

Just one example. In Watchmen Episode 1, at 32:38, the line, "Eyes dilated on all the Rorschachs"  is rendered as "I started laying on all the real shocks". This line is very important to understanding the programme but is totally garbled!

This is just one of very many examples. I have noticed these issues in other shows such as Succession. It's almost like the subtitle provider is relying on a) automated transcriptions, non-fluent English speakers, or c) really stupid people.

A separate but related issue is that the subtitles are unreliable on both the iPhone app and the Windows app. Subtitles will lag or stick on particular lines.

Your subtitles are abysmal job and it is ruining some of these shows for people who depend on subtitles. To the point where they may as well not watch at all. Please fix this, it's a serious quality issue. 

0 REPLIES 0