cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Stuttering

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

220 REPLIES 220
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FYI Just tried watching it on my laptop and exactly the same problem so nothing to do with the xbox.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been noticing this on a number of shows over the last few weeks, but it seems to be getting worse if anything. I thought it might be down to my broadband speed or because I was watching via a Roku box, but i'm having the same problem when i watch on my laptop, and the sound is missing at the same points when i rewind, so it clearly isn't a speed issue.

Is this getting looked into by anyone?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

Game of Thrones Season 5 Episode 10 was fixed overnight, so the audio now plays correctly. Thanks for your patience whilst we sorted this.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silicon Valley season 2 episode 9 also needs sorting.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please let us know what device you are experiencing this issue on? 

Is it Xbox 360 or other devices as well? 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not actually using an Xbox 360, i just posted here because i noticed that the stuttering sound was a problem for others. I have been watching primarily on a Roku LT box and noticed the sound problems a few weeks back, but it was generally bearable. It seemed to crop up more on shows from Sky channels than from, say GOLD. As I mentioned, i thought it was either a Roku or  broadband problem, but i've been watching some stuff on my laptop lately (using Firefox) and the problem is still there, and the sound gaps happen in the same places. It was particularly pronounced in Silicon Valley (s2, ep9) when i watched it the other day, but i also noticed it in s3 ep 1 of Hannibal, but NOT in s2 ep 13 which i watched recently (to refresh my memory before the new season started). So it would seem to be new episodes, rather than Box Set shows.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No. This was still happening at the beginning of this month.

I used y0ur online chat initially and then received an email from "Richard" saying he would look into it. I then procedded to reply to his email each time I encountered a sound problem on GOT but got no further replies from him.  NOW tv doesn't seem to care.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the exact same issues with the film's added today.Tried watching both Fury and The Condemned and had the same sound issues on xbox360, PC and Samsung phone. Sound stutters at the same place on both films I have restarted my router, have the fastest internet available with virgin (150 meg) download speed tests on PC show no issues. Considering this is meant to be a premium subscription service, with no telephone support, how does someone go about getting any form of compensation for issues on the providers side. If I had a problem with my virgin tv or internet... I call them... it gets fixed and if it's been happening for more than 24 hours my bill gets reduced.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exact same problem as manthrox. Trying to watch Fury and frankly fed up. Sound quality makes it unwatchable. What's the point in buying the NOW TV box if it doesn't work properly? Just ruined a perfectly good film that I was looking forward to.