cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound glitches

Anyone else having sound glitches in exactly the same spot on movies? Monsters Inc got pretty bad but they've taken that down now (my daughter is very upset with you now tv just to let you know!) but it seems like every movie we watch now has one or two glitches in the same spots. I know it's not my tv as it doesn't do it with any other device we use. We were watching the Tinker bell movie this morning and my daughter said it actually hurt her ears, it's not a nice sound at all and I want to get rid of it or might have to rethink my subscription.
Thanks guys
21 REPLIES 21
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I've also noticed occasional screeches appearing in content I watch, though it's only very infrequently. It could be a problem with the source content but it could also be corrupted traffic or signal blips. To start with try rebooting your broadband router and also when your TV and whatever device you use to watch NOW TV are powered down remove and reconnect the HDMI cable between them.

If you still notice issues after that, next time try noting down the time stamp you notice the sounds appearing and post back with the film title and times. It should then be possible to check if others get the same issue and if so get the NOW TV Team to look into it.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Anonymous User

Hi Andy

Those screeches that we all have noticed tend to happen when watching an animation show, I don't know about films, for example, I get the same screech in the same place, i.e. during the startup credits, on Acher and I've watched all the episodes.

I've also noticed that screech during Family Guy and American Dad but those noises do not occur when watching those shows on terrestrial TV.

So it seems these screeches are unique to Now TV and only, as far as I know, when watching an animation show.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy It's not just animation shows, I've noticed it on catch-up content and rarely watch animation, but as its a rare occurrence for me I've ignored it. If you watch a lot of animation and notice it that would tend to link the two together for you. If it happens in the same place for everybody and causes issues for people tho then it needs looking into. If you want to provide info on title, episode and time stamps that would be useful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yep - frequent for me too.  Really annoying as its really high pitched.

Ive just posted a seperate complaint in the hope that NOW TV techs will look into this again!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adding a me too, its been going on for over a year, but prior to then it was never an issue. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Andy

Hi Guys

I was watching some catch up shows, between 11.30pm and 2.00am, and the screeches happened in all of them, I watched Strike Back, Archer and Nat Geo Wild.

Unfortunately, I could not "time-stamp" the screech in Strike Back or Nat Geo Wild because they occurred unexpectedly and when I was far too engrossed in the shows to remember to check.  As for Archer, the screech happened, as I reported before, between 3 minutes and 3 minutes 30 seconds after the show started (during the walking legs sequence in the opening credits).

I know the above is not of much help in actually tracking down this "screeching" problem but it does reaffirm the problem does exist.

UK Bob

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Can you please let us know what devices you are using when this issue occurs? 

If you experience this issue on a number of devices please let us know what they are so we can try and replicate the issue. 

Thanks in advance, 

Karl

ukbobboy
Legend

@Karl-F @Andy

Hi Karl

I use a Roku 3.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F only noticed on NOW TV box/Roku