cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Stuttering

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

220 REPLIES 220
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting back in touch, I appreciate the time it's taken and we do apologise for this. We're still looking into this and we hope to have it resolved as quickly as we can.

We thank you for your patience whilst this is being looked into. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, just to let you guys at now tv know this is also happening on season 2 of mount Pleasant and it pretty bad too. Iv not noticed on any other programmes or movies iv watched, but if i do i will update info.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know @Anonymous User.

We'll get this looked into, and will try our best to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, some months later and I'm assuming that these issues haven't been resolved, as I am on Season 2 of Mount Pleasant and am experiencing the same issues! Please advise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User

The issues from a few months ago were resolved.

Is it just the 1 episode that your having this issue with ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been using Now TV for a while now and not had any bother...until the last couple of days. We discovered "Mount Pleasant" which we very much enjoyed. First series was fine but Series Two is so full of stuttering sound that its virtually unwatchable. I googled the problem specifically and found several threads such as this...most going back months and all include references to the sound problems on this season of this programme. Very depressing to see that following seasons also have the same issues too!!  Despite continual replies from the Now people the problem remains unresolved. This would lead any sane person to conclude that either your tech team are very poor at their job, or that they simply dont exist.  Either way, its pretty disgraceful customer service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

I'm very sorry to hear that the sound issues are still there. I did report it back to our content team and will do it again to make sure these will get resolved.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having issues with True Blood but have also noticed poor sound quality on American sniper and other films. 

Appaling to see that this has been ongoing for 6 months looking back in the thread! 

This is clearly an issue with your system, not individual titles. 

Never get a problem with netflix. I'll be going back to that now. Another lost customer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for posting, very sorry to hear you've had some issues with some pieces of content. Can you let us know which seasons and episodes you're having issues with. 

Also where within American Sniper are you having sound issues?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every episode of athe Clone Wars seems to have the sound stuttering problem. every singe one. I reported this through the live chat facility and was told it would be sorted out, but nothing yet. It's happening at the same points in the episodes no matter which device I use so it's clearly a problem with the steams needing replacing,

also Grand Piano, which I tolerated through the other night.

worth noting that I haven't had any problems with anything on Entertainment catchup yet and watched Kingsman last night with no problems.