cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Stuttering

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

220 REPLIES 220
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  what device are you finding the issue occurs on? Also how is it connected to the internet?  I know some people have had issues due to "obsolete" routers/ out of date apps on devices.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi it's a brand new smart box, tried both Ethernet and wifi, now to and live to.

The box is fully up to date.

If I use the app built into my TVs instead the problem does. It occur so this would lead me to believe it's something to do with the smartbox and not my broadband or router.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this problem when trying to view a movie on my laptop, using the NowTV player I downloaded.

I only have the issue via this way of trying to watch something. It makes it completely unwatchable, as everyone is stuttering so much.  I have a ROKU box in my bedroom and have never had this problem via that. The wifi is the same for both laptop and ROKU.

the wifi speed is one of the fastest you can get, so I know it isn't that.  

It would seem to me it is the Now TV Player, rather than any of my other hardware.

Lynne

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I signed up for now TV today especially to watch game of Thrones season 7. I am trying to watch on my PC laptop running windows 10. So far...not impressed. Terrable sound stutter from the evry beginning making it impossible to watch. Wish now I had opted for a monthly subscription instead of the 6 month one which is none refundable if I cancle. Come on who ever is responsible for this.Get it sorted so that I can watch something.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re my previous posting. As I thought that it may be a fluke I just tried watching season 1 episode 1of Revenge. Picture and sound stutter from the ourset and sound and picture not in sync.

Opinion so far......Rubbish

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Are you accessing the NOW TV service using the dedicated 'NOW TV app' or are you using a browser?

And if your Windows PC is connected to the internet via WiFi you need to select the 5GHz (not 2.4GHz) frequency band/channel options...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for Now TV to (attempt) to watch Game of Thrones. Logging in from Windows 10 laptop, Now TV it inisted I download the app. Awful stutter unlike Youtube, BT, BBC and any other audio visual stream through a browser. Attempted viewing through desktop same issues. Googling the problem suggests a good deal of Now TV subscribers have the stutter problem. Tried the suggested switch the router on/off solution, switch to 5Ghz connection solution, massive fail. Rather than having to use the (Cr)app why can i not use browser for now TV which works perfectly for all other audio visual streams? Thotoughly dissapointed. Please suggest fix. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is now 2017.I can see it's been an issue for years. Ive just subscribed to the service and am watching on a laptop through your app. All i'm getting is a load of stuttering. Trying to watch The Walking Dead,which is what I signed up for,and it's impossible. I took the 'special' offer of six months for £27 and I'm not sure if i can cancel. I'm not getting what i paid for. Can this problem be fixed? It doesn't look like it from all these comments.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching Blacklist on Now TV. Now unit constant clicking and cutting of the sound. Intolerable can't watch the program. This is happening all the time.

It appears, from the comments on here, this is a well known fault with no solution.

If there is now fix its time to look elsewhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J

Getting this sound issue with the whole of silicon valley season 2. I'm currently on a Mac. Just finished watching season 1 which was working fine and getting an awful picture and sound quality with season 2. I have just flicked between season 1 & 2 with a clear difference in quality.

Could this be looked into and fixed? 480p video and awful sound aren't really something customers should be paying for.