cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Stuttering

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

220 REPLIES 220
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

As strange as this may sound, would it be possible for you guys to reset your WiFi Routers.

We tend to find that this helps from previous experiences.

Let us know how you all get on?

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I couldn't reply to this for a while due to my broadband being knocked out by a storm for two weeks (!), but i note that a number of other users are pointing out this sound problem now also, in a number of threads. Resetting my router made no difference at all, the problem seems to be at your end i'm afraid. I've even noticed in some shows that the sound is alright during the actual programme, but it stutters during the Sky ad (particularly the one in the diner for Sky Atlantic). And i'd say that of all the shows i watch, the one that seems to have the most regular problems is Sky Living's Hannibal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User just a quick question from me, when you say "stutter", is that the sound completely breaking up and going silent for a short while, or is it a crackling noise or something like that?

Only reason I ask is I've recently had a new surround sound system at home, and have noticed a specific advert makes my speakers crackle, but everything else sounds absolutely fine (it's the Ford active parking advert I have the issue with).

What kind of speakers do you use?

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It just constantly dips in and out, sometimes so much that entire words are missing. I'm not using any sound system to speak of - when i watch on tv using a Roku box i sometimes use headphones, sometimes not - but the problem is still there. I've even tried different sets of headphones. And when i watch on my laptop, the same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this on some films and then watch something else and it is OK. Can I get an email to report these? Watching Maze Runner and it has slight issues with sound.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issues as detailed above. Logged into NowTV on the PS4 to watch Fury, but it is literally unplayable with the sound constantly stuttering. Also the same on other movies I have just tried.

I have had NowTV for several months now and this is the first time this has happened so something has happened/changed to cause this. Netflix is running fine on the PS4 so it must be an issue with NowTV.

Tried resetting my PS4 and router but to no avail.

Decided to send a complaint to NowTV. Don't see why I should be paying for a faulty service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been getting this for the last month or so, and it's making content - which, like everyone else on here, I'm paying to watch - unwatchable.

It's now happening with every single movie or show I try to watch, and it's just not good enough I'm afraid.

How about you lot do something about the obvious problem at your end and just stop with the usual rubbish stock answers ("reset your router", for example).

Something's clearly wrong, so own up and bloody well fix it.

I'm cancelling all of my passes until this is rectified. I'm not paying for a service which isn't fit for purpose.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues.

Can you tell us some of the films you have issues with, so we could try and replicate them on our end?

Thanks,

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It's not confined to 'some' films, or 'some' shows, I'm afraid, and it
never used to happen, so how about you just do your job and look into
what's causing across-the-board sound depreciation rather than stalling?

'Modern Family', season 6, throughout, is one example I can think of, but
I'm not about to take time out of my day to go back and find all of the
others. That job belongs to Now TV, as far as I'm concerned.

Completely unacceptable for a supposed 'Premium' service.

You lot just go from bad to worse.

What a rip-off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

It's not confined to 'some' films, or 'some' shows, I'm afraid, and it never used to happen, so how about you just do your job and look into what's causing across-the-board sound depreciation rather than stalling?

'Modern Family', season 6, throughout, is one example I can think of, but I'm not about to take time out of my day to go back and find all of the others. That job belongs to Now TV, as far as I'm concerned.

Completely unacceptable for a supposed 'Premium' service.

You lot just go from bad to worse.

What a rip-off.