cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Solo no sound

Was trying to watch solo earlier but the film has no sound. I’ve watched a few other films and the sound is all fine on those. Is anyone else able to get any sound when watching solo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Another forum member found a useful work around to this lack of sound by going into the nowtv box or stick settings, then select Audio, then select Auto Mode, then change to Stereo.

Worked for me Smiley Happy.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

all audio problems go into audio settings change to Dolby d or just Dolby I think the audio drifts from high dolby to low dolby 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It’s all stereo unless you have one of the new Boost Passes, and elect Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, or DTS.

And with a Stick, choosing Dolby Digital still only gets you stereo, though it does get you 5.1 on an embedded app.

Can’t answer for what happens choosing plain Dolby Digital on a box, but I would guess it does only stereo, same as the Sticks.

Choosing DD+ on a device that only supports DD gets you silence, though the standard says it should drop to DD; it doesn’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no sound on anything 😢

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This would suggest to me that you have a HDMI audio handshake issue between your nowtv device and your television.

I would firstly try switching the power off at the mains outlet to both your TV and nowtv player.

If that doesn't work try a different HDMI port on your TV where i am assuming the nowtv player is an external device such has a box or stick.