cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky News UK

Is there any way to make Sky News UK (the streaming live Sky News service) appear on  the home screen instead of the Sky News app?  I only watch the live feed and I do not want to have to scroll through to the live feed every time I want to watch.  Alternatively why not have the live feed first on the scroll list ? Or give the option for the user to change the order of the scroll list.

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

No, unfortunately you can't put it on the homescreen of the box, that only displays icons to open individual apps, you can't bookmark particular parts of the app.

i agree it would be sensible to have a permanent, fixed place for the live feed in the app when it opens, and that's hopefully something that the developers will pick up on from your post and include in a future update. Until then you'll need to keep doing what you've always done.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

if you want Sky news LIVE in HQ use Youtube app... not the skynews app... 

The Dash stream on Youtube is HQ than the Roku app...

[video]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that - but it does not work on the White NowTv box YouTube application or the YouTube application on a LG SMART TV.  And its really silly that it does work on a computer YouTube connection !  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have found that the solution is to use a Roku 3 box.  The SKY News app for this puts the live SKY UK news feed as the opening channel.