cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ohhhh it's only on until August! What do I do I'm sooooooo behind on everything. Do I ditch Outcast which I'm four weeks behind for Futurama? Do I watch it from the beginning or do I just watch the seasons I haven't seen? Can I fit it in? What about GoT? I've still not watched Twin Peaks even though I've been trying for months. And there's loads of stuff of Netflix I need to watch but can't find time to sign up again. Then there's about 50 movies on my watchlist and I still haven't unwrapped my Elm Street bluray boxset yet. What gives Casey, what gives? :S

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Screw GoT! Get watching Futurama! 😄

I'm watching from where I haven't seen which is about season 6. The seasons seem to be different to my DVDs so it is hard to find where I am. 😞

I hope Brickleberry is added back one day. Now that is funny! 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Andy Screw GoT!

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I did. 

Super_King

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

My favourite show on NowTV currently is "Silicon Valley" which is so funny and well written (If you are a techie geek you will totally get the gags and humour).Smiley Happy

All the characters brings something to the table, there is good chemistry and different unique personalities from each actor.

Just a shame that each episode only lasts 30 minutes.Smiley Sad

Highly Recommend (Adults only).

silicon-valley-57152974d1eb8.jpg

Just wished that "Big Head" was in the show more often, such a funny guy.

big head.png

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@schnapps So it is The I.T Crowd? 😉
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:
@schnapps So it is The I.T Crowd? 😉

Thanks @caseyb1993 will give the above show a try when i can find some spare time.

Must admit, i am struggling at the moment, there are so many good shows on NowTV, Netflix and Amazon that i need to catch up on.

Never had this problem back in the heyday when there was no such thing has a streaming service, back then your only choices was BBC 1, BBC 2 and ITV or a Video Player (If you could afford one) and most of the shows were rubbish compared to some of the gems that you can watch nowadays.

Anyway not complaining, its good to have so much choice Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Never had this problem back in the heyday when there was no such thing has a streaming service, back then your only choices was BBC 1, BBC 2 and ITV or a Video Player (If you could afford one) and most of the shows were rubbish compared to some of the gems that you can watch nowadays.

@schnapps I'm far too young to remember those days. 😉

I had a VCR though for my Disney collection. Happy times. 🙂

I.T Crowd boxsets are on the All4 app. Just ask @Andy 😄

I recommend "Finding Carter" on MTV. It is a great drama about a girl abducted as a toddler and being raised by her kidnapper. Only to be discovered in her teens and sent back to her family. 

It is an interesting watch! 😮

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Schnapps

You said, ".....back then your only choices was BBC 1, BBC 2 and ITV or a Video Player (If you could afford one) and most of the shows were rubbish.....". You are spot on, not only were most of the shows utter rubbish but the shows even got worse during the summer months.  And the TV execs use to say that they were showing us the best the US had to offer, back then they took the TV watching public as complete dummies.

You know, I believe the video recorder saved us from the brain numbing, soul destroying garbage that used to pass for TV back then, I remember that every Friday I would rent two or three video tapes for the weekend (that's how I first got to watch the Terminator), that used to be a family moment.

I also believe satellite TV got going in the UK because terrestrial television was so bad, the public were desperate and eager for an alternative which satellite offered.

Now, in the 21 century, we have choice, mountains of choice, and behalf of all us old timers I say "About Time". 

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @schnapps

If you want nostalgia, go on YouTube and search for "BBC closedowns". I wasn't around when these happened and can't get my head around how this was how TV used to be. 😮