cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich-L

the sound on the box breaks up no matter what channel or program you watch,your boxes are badly designed and if its not sorted by march 31 i will be cancelling my subscription.

it is not only on my now tv box but also on my daughters bow who lives 1/2 mile up the road.

stop passing the buck and blame tv channels and get the boxes sorted out.

Colin.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that Dan, hoping they wouldn't be selling a box without a solution. Not sure I'd be comfortable buying something else from Sky to replace something they already sell that didn't work - but will bear it mind 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...hoping they wouldn't be selling a box without a solution....

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sufficed to say, if the NOW TV service had 'inherent' audio issues the forum would be full of complaining posts. But where are they?!

I'm watching a 'live' stream on Fox right now and it looks and sounds great 😉 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital- Just because your having a great experience doesnt mean everyone else is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I beg your pardon?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a first edition white box and after a year or so sound started cutting out for two or so seconds every ten minutes regardless of channel. Now have a black box plus new and faster internet connection, box cut out and rebooted today and now the same sound issue is happening. Have disconnected the box completely but this has not changed anything. Please could someone explain why when these boxes reboot this appears to always happen. Sky helpline have no interest in helping and just try to move me to becoming a full Sky TV customer, sorry been there seen that way to expensive.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

any up date of the known sound issue that was aksed last year !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found the high pitched chirping very bad on this weeks episode of Walking Dead. Problem has been here, to varying degrees, for years. Effects various boxes, black or white. Interestingly Ive never experienced these chirps with 4OD, BBC iPlayer or any of thle other catch up services using the Now TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive got the small black Now TV/Roku box, checked its all updated, switched it all off and on, etc. This is an intermittent issue that has been going on for a few months now, but is definitely getting more frequent. It happens on both Tv shows in the entertainment section and always at least once per movie in the Movies section.

There will just be a random split second of ear piercing distortion, I thought it might have been something to do with my TV or surround sound, but it seems to be part of the recording. I just watched an episode of Family Guy on catch up (season 15, episode 4) and it happened 4 times in that one episode, and you can go back, rewind it, and it happens in the same places. One instance occurs just after 16 mins 30 seconds in.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Only Here

Your problem reminds me of my own with my TV, when a certain frequency or sound is broadcast my TV speakers react by letting out a "clanging tinny high pitched screech", which only lasts for a second or so.

Unfortunately, it's random and I cannot yet Identify the sound or frequency that triggers this reaction in my TV and, as such, cannot demonstrate the problem to anyone else.

However, I do know that this problem I am having with my TV is not directly related to my original NowTV black box or the Roku 3 box I am now using.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy- The sound you have described seems similar, but it is not compeletely at random. It is intermittent but I can rewind and play it back again, as many times as I want.

@dr_necessitor- I have not experienced it with other devices or apps either. I use the PS4 a lot, as well as Netflix built into the TV and dont get this issue.