cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich-L

the sound on the box breaks up no matter what channel or program you watch,your boxes are badly designed and if its not sorted by march 31 i will be cancelling my subscription.

it is not only on my now tv box but also on my daughters bow who lives 1/2 mile up the road.

stop passing the buck and blame tv channels and get the boxes sorted out.

Colin.

66 REPLIES 66
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Hi, i'm glad i've found this thread and i'm not the only person who suffers from the annoying occasional high pitched clipping sounds that make me jump!  Sometimes the picture for a split second also has vertical coloured stripes, without affecting the sound.  I have the small black box and these happen when waching live TV on all channels including Sky 1 and UKTV Gold.  Interestingly i also get occasional clipping sounds when watching on demand programs, as when i replay the scene back the sound happens in exactly the same place. 

I get very good internet speeds, connected via ethernet and connection recently has been checked by an engineer so know this isn't an internet issue my end.  The TV is new so is not that.  I have tried everything that has been mentioned in this thread including changing the HDMI cable and hard resetting, but still get the same issue.  I have not read many of these posts yet so can anyone tell me if this issue is any closer to being solved please ot if there is something i haven't tried?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Breaking up sound with the Now Box clicking. Appears to be an unsolvable problem over a few years.

Anyone found a solution yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chirping on NowTV when i watch comedy central live (definitely during Friends).. I'm using a roku stick (which also likes to interfere with Sky News on freeview. it may sound weird or be a coincidence but seems to be on rainy days.. dont know if it weakens the signal but it's only sky related channels & mostly the news. the problem is solved temporarily though when i change certain roku secret menu settings to reduce interference or unplug the stick)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just curious, but which settings do you change that improves it and how do you access the hidden menu again? Thanks in advance, Neil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

pesonally whatever setts u try to use, hard reset, manual reset, hdmi cable, etc etc makes no diffrence

i complained as i have 2 black boxes same models and each of them are the same (sound issues)

i asked for the smart tv box to be sent out as a replacement on live chat, as soon as it arrived, guess what, no sound problems,

it seems there is a fault with these black boxes hence why they are no longer for sale,

i wouldnt hold your breath on an update either, its been a known issue since last year, and still nothing as been done about it

apart from the usual "we'll pass it on" "its a known issue and will be sorted soon" etc

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same sound issues are happening on our smart box. It seems to be since a system update. It’s on freeview, catch up and everything else. Can’t watch anything. Not sure what I’m paying for.

You say it’s esclated but what’s the solution. All these users can’t be wrong. We have done all the fixes suggested and nothing. Or we have to do them everyday.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All the problems previously mentioned and now YouTube is becoming unwatchable. Continually stopping and starting. No problems via my laptop. Anyone else?